Map details deformation

So I processed another map and the results again were initially disastrous. The first mission was run at 50m high and had 85% sidelap / 75% frontlap with ‘Structures’ selected. It took a total of 280 images, 168 of which were Nadir, 112 Structures oblique.

A second 50m mission was flown using ‘Crosshatch’ at 60 side/frontlap and the gimbal set at 65 deg. pitch to avoid the horizon. This produced a further 88 oblique images at approximately 45 deg. to the previous Nadir flight.

All images were in focus and look good having manually set through Go4.

For the first process I quite reasonably uploaded all 368 images and this was the result. [All maps below have been calibrated to the same point]

I’ve found it easier to detect the clarity and sharpness of the map by using the Elevation view and you can easily see that there is barely anything square about the square buildings I have surveyed and the maps looks like something that wouldn’t be out of place in Gummy Land.

Because of the luck I’ve had recently I tried the process again, using different variations of the images. The second attempt was using just the 280 images taken in the first flight ie. the original Nadir/Structures. Results again were just as bad (blobby and jelly like) although it’s colour default was massively different from the first - recording the map’s height extents dramatically differently. See below:-

The third attempt below processed concurrently with the second, uploading only the Nadir images from the first flight and crosshatch images from the second ie. 256 images.

Perfect!

Now the first map took just 2.5 hours to process whilst the other two took about 7 hours. Of course that could be down to an increase of traffic but does appear to me that my more successful maps have taken longer to process and I wonder if the system is merely taking longer to think about it.

I may run a few other maps with different variations of image uploads to see if I can find a consistenct way to produce the optimum result.

James.