X7 with different lenses

I have a Matrice 200 V2 with 4 different DJI lenses from 16mm to 50 mm.

How do I configure a DD flight to have the correct overlap?

Anybody having any experince with different lenses?

1 Like

The X4S is probably a better choice for sharp stills and mapping. The X7 is meant more for video, but will be ok. You’ll want to use the 24mm because it has a global shutter and the specs most emulate a P4P which is what the program assumes for planning until you are connected to the drone. You can save the 35-50mm range for inspections. This will allow you to get a closer view without have to get up so close.

Thanks for your kind answer.

I am doing an inspection that requires sub-centimeter measurement.

Ref."… 24mm because it has a global shutter …":
Does the XT lenses 35mm and 50 mm have a different shutter compared to the 24 mm lens?

1 Like

Ref. " … specs most emulate a P4P which is what the program assumes for planning until you are connected to the drone."

Does DD recognize the lens when connected and use that specific lens parameters when planning the grid?

1 Like

DD allows a minimum flying height down to 10 meters, that is good when I need ultra high resolution.

The DJI app Pilot mapping function has predefined the X7 24mm and 35mm lenses when planning the grid. But the lminimum flying height is 25 meters. Is there any way I can use this app and fly lower than 25 meters?

1 Like