X5 flight control

Perhaps a dumb question @chasemgray, but on the iOS beta, how do I update it?

When you get a notification about an update you need to open test flight and there should be an update button

1 Like

Ran the new app on a flight yesterday, and all the images came back out of focus. Any ideas?

It looks like a small change to how we focus we made based on a recommendation from DJI is not working. I’ll chat with them and also roll back to the old way we were focusing (which was limited to the default lens) for now. Should release the updated version very soon.

@chasemgray - Which would you say is the ‘better’ app to use at this point, iOS or Android? I have the option to run either.

Also - in iOS, I didn’t see where I could pull up a video feed during flight? The battery percentage was quite helpful though. If there was a way to see voltage also, that would be really terrific.

The X5 video feed was giving some problems the day before release so we decided to not show it until we resolved those. We are looking into it though. I’ll add a note about the voltage to our product plans.
I’d say at the moment the iOS app is the preferred one. Android is getting rewritten right now so we can have them both using the same new SDK.

1 Like

@chasemgray - when can we expect that rollback to resolve the focus issue? I have a mission tomorrow that I’d love to use the beta on again.

Rollback happening today.

So the focus has definitely improved over earlier in the week, but still is pretty soft & a bit blurry. Also, my battery percentage froze at 86% on this flight.

We’re using the same settings as we were previously, but DJI has let us know a method that will let us figure out the ideal focus and it shouldn’t matter which lens you are using. This will be out in the next release hopefully.

1 Like

Chase, what firmware update for the x5 is the appropriate one. I tried a mapping flight yesterday with Android and the waypoints were made and flight was perfect but no photos at the end of the flight. I did have a notification that the camera needed a firmware update prior to the flight but I flew it anyway. Flight paths were perfect just no photos. Been on the forum but haven’t found a definite firmware recommended for the Android use. Or is android use still not out? Just checking . . . . not sure from the forum where we stand on the android use. Thanks for all your hard work.

X5 is currently only supported on iOS due to it using a different version of the sdk. We are working on the android update but it will be a little while before its out.

Thanks a million. I will go get an ipad and get with the program!!!

Flew it today Chase, and had some issues with it crab-walking. There was a decent wind (10-15mph), so I’m not sure if it was just the craft reacting to that, or if it was the mission plan. It looked pretty consistent through the flight though, which leads me to think it was something to do with the mission plan.

Any word on when we can expect voltage/percentage back? Thankfully we have a dual operator setup where we can watch telemetry on the slave RC through DJI Go, otherwise I’m not sure I’d trusts flying with DroneDeploy alone.

We had someone report that and they did an IMU calibration and it was fixed. Not sure what can cause it to happen in the first place though.
We’ve been waiting on Apple for the release. It was supposed to be yesterday but I think we got a really slow person this time.

And voltage is coming soon as an option most likely. It’s not in the newest version though.

Tried to fly with DroneDeploy today, and no luck. Got off the ground, started flying the mission, but it was flying super slow, not taking pictures, and not pointing the camera down.

Is it possible it hadn’t started the actual mission yet? Did it reach the first waypoint before you brought it home? There is an issue with the X5 firmware right now that causes us to have to capture very slow. They said they have the fix and it will be in the next firmware update.

99% sure it did, as it headed one direction (to the starting point) and then turned to begin the first row of the mission.

So what about X5 on androïd or iOS ? Which is the best ?
Is now control of camera/focus/exposure OK ?