X3 with ir-pro ndvi 7 lens

Which is the best settings to use for camera when taking pictures with ir-pro ndvi 7 lens on x3 zanmuse… Bright and dull conditions cheers

I don’t know that camera, but as a general rule:

1. Consistent (no shadows, no occasional clouds that cause changing light levels on the ground)
  2. Light but not sunny - this maximises reflectivity and gives you more margin to play with in camera setup
  3. Overcast gives a lovely, even light level without shadows and glare of direct sunlight and a lower dynamic range requirement.

Direct sunlight on a bright, sunny day introduces angular lighting effects, higher differential between light and shade and therefore requires much higher dynamic range.

Great ideas, Roger. In addition, we have written best practices for mapping with NDVI camera here.

Thanks for that… Any advice on speeds to fly and heights also shutter speed…etc

Depends!

Weather, light levels, crop type / stage / height… all affect that. Did you have anything in particular in mind?

As a general rule I’d start with the defaults a DroneDeploy mission will give you with a high overlap and height and following the guide @manu linked, above. Then adjust from there depending on what results you are trying to go for. No point in going for super granular, high-res NDVI as nothing (much) can make use of it (and it’s harder to stitch). Match (or slightly better) the resolution to that of the target use or application device (spreader, sprayer, irrigator…)

Best bet is to send the drone up over a “typical spot” and set the camera up the way you want it before you begin. Then leave it like that and hope the weather doesn’t change too much. If you can, take a test photo and check it on a laptop first to make sure everything looks good (but the histogram in DJI Go can work, too).

Slower is generally better (reduce blur, slow shutter, capture more data), but these cameras have limitations.

I will be looking at wheat, barley, corn,Sugar beat,potatoes. Cheers for the advice much appreciated