What is your favorite device to use when flying with DD?

What is your favorite device to use when flying with DD?

There is a lot of discussion around the horsepower that is required with the latest versions of DD and the associated heating issues that go along with running the processor at those levels.

While possible to use an iPad Pro the screen size makes it difficult to mount and control, without a shoulder harness. I’ve had screen dimming problems with my iPhone Xs due to overheating and had to use the vehicle air conditioner to cool it between flights or the screen dims to a level hard to see. That is even if I turn off automatic dimming. My iPad mini 4 is a great screen size but overheating causes communication issues and the background tasks DD performs causes the app to hang under these conditions. Cooling fans just add weight to the point where you may need to set up a tripod to hold the device, or spend time in the gym building forearm strength.

I’m thinking the older iPhone devices will have even more problems due to horsepower requirements.

Any suggestions on the best device to use?

1 Like

Overheating in Summer is a common issue with Apple devices.
You can avoid that by jumping ship.
The Huawei M3, M5 or the new M6 are outstanding flying tablets that run flying apps flawlessly…

1 Like

The iOS is FAR from flawless. I’d look at other acquisition apps. There are far too many bugs in it for my liking.

1 Like