Web app calculation for time (too low) and battery count (1)

Often, when I am altering the mission in the web app to decrease the number of batteries, I see the time drop to a ridiculously low number, and then, of course, the battery count drops to 1 (one).

I had thought this might be a Javascript error, but after saving the mission, transition to the dashboard and back, the time and battery count is still wrong.

The workaround I’ve found is to copy the mission in the dashboard, and then work on the copy.

Hi @oneeyedhobo,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum to report your issue. I’ve escalated the issue to my team but have a few outstanding questions, if you don’t mind.

1. When did this issue begin?
  2. Did it still occur even after rebooting your devices and ensuring that everything is up to date? Sometimes I need to manually check for updates even though I have a few set to automatically update.
  3. Do you see any error messages or warnings?

Keep me posted,
Christina

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe the web app takes into account what drone or camera you are using. I never really have a good idea how long a mission will take until I get onsite and connect to the drone.

@Christina,

1. I would say the issue has been around for at least a couple of weeks, but I can’t be sure.
  2. This is an issue on the web-site app. I do not know if the issue exists on iOS (my device).
  3. I see no error messages.

@brianpgreen The web app accepts speed adjustments, so that’s part of the equation necessary to compute the time, but I suppose that the lens view angles would be the other, and that certainly would be necessary, so good point.

I agree that getting onsite and verifying the map mission is necessary, in any case.

So when desktop planning at the moment, it’s not possible to specify a camera. In the current version you need to tweak the plan or one of the settings for it to “update” based on the currently connected camera. In the release coming out in two weeks it will automatically update your plan in the field if you’re using a different camera than it expects.