Variable Rate Prescription with DD ,SHP file?

Is there an App in the DD App Market that helps you create a Variable Rate Prescription with a DD .SHP file for various crops? I’m trying to take a .SHP file exported from DD of a corn field using RGB and VARI in the Plant Health area. I heard a .SHP file can be loaded onto a flash drive and used in a John Deere tractor to control the rate of the spraying of nitrogen or herbicides. When talking to the John Deere representative, he knows that the .SHP file needs to have variable rate attributes added to the file, but he does not know how to do this.

If DD does not have an app to incorporate variable rate attributes into the .SHP file, does anyone know of a 3rd party software to do this?

1 Like

Have you seen the John Deere app, maybe this is what you’re looking for?

1 Like

We are trying to load the DD .SHP file into the John Deere app, but it says the file is invalid and is missing the variable rate prescription attributes. Our John Deere rep thinks we need another software package to add the prescription attributes to the original DD .SHP file so the John Deere app can read it properly. I’m hoping someone has done this before and can tell me how they added the prescription attributes to the .SHP file. Thank you for your response.

Is there an App in the DD App Market that helps you create a Variable Rate Prescription with a DD .SHP file for various crops? I’m trying to take a .SHP file exported from DD of a corn field using RGB and VARI in the Plant Health area. I heard a .SHP file can be loaded onto a flash drive and used in a John Deere tractor to control the rate of the spraying of nitrogen or herbicides. When talking to the John Deere representative, he knows that the .SHP file needs to have variable rate attributes added to the file, but he does not know how to do this.

If DD does not have an app to incorporate variable rate attributes into the .SHP file, does anyone know of a 3rd party software to do this?

Hi @Roger1,

The John Deere app is exactly what our App Market leader would have suggested but seeing as that didn’t work out for you, I’ve noted your feature request and shared it with the appropriate team member.

Cheers,
Christina

HI Christina,

Thank you for sharing my request / question with the appropriate team member. I have not heard from anyone yet and was hoping you might be able to have someone contact me?

Sincerely,

Roger

Hi @Roger1,

When I forwarded the info over to my teammate, it was to put it on their radar that this is a feature a user is requesting. It didn’t mean for it to sound like someone would be reaching out to you to speak about implementing this feature. I’m sorry if that was confusing.

Cheers,
Christina