V9.1 (1.0.8) Bugs and Feedback

I don’t think we are receiving a crash notification for this so it is happening pretty early on in the app initialization. This isn’t the same device you were using before right? There have been a couple users that saw something similar and updated their Android and it was fine. We haven’t been able to reproduce this in the office very much. You aren’t very far away so maybe we could finally figure it out once and far if we got a hold of that tablet for a day.

Yesterday I flew a mission and when finished uploaded pictures to DD. After some time I saw that the results were not ok. In the flown area there is an unused control tower, and the upper part of the tower can’t be seen.
I contacted support and told them that I also had some vertical pictures of the tower taken out of the mission. I uploaded them, but the results don’t improve.
The flight is https://www.dronedeploy.com/app/data?planId=55c9cbc32b13750f13a389bf

I am using a Phantom 3 with P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 firmware and DD V9.1 (1.0.8)

Can you help?

I will take a look to see if there is something we can do to
Improve it. Are you looking for an improved map or 3d model?

I’d lke to get a correct orthomosaic and the 3D model. Maybe the photos are not the best for this purpose?

Same device. Stock Samsung Tablet Pro 8.4. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, which didn’t do anything.

Continuing the discussion from V9.1 (1.0.8) Bugs and Feedback:

The app and data processing was initially built for Orthomosaics, 3D models were made available because we had a bunch of the data.

We are digging a bit deeper into the 3D workflows in the next few weeks to enable automatic capture of good imagery, as well as improving the quality of the 3D models.

Thanks for your patience!

Then I should use DD only for orthomosaic and leave 3D models?
Even if it’s that way, two of my missions that have higher parts than the rest of the area do not show correctly in the orthomosaic.
One of them is https://www.dronedeploy.com/app/data?planId=55c9cbc32b13750f13a389bf and the other is https://www.dronedeploy.com/app/data?planId=55b2640531ff9a0511ad2285

Is there anything I can do in order to improve results? Sometimes, world is not “flat”
Thanks

One of our engineers yesterday was looking at your map with a tower. Should hopefully have something today or at least some tips on how to improve if.

Hi @antonio, We’ve rerun this map with many different settings without much luck. What I would try though if it was me is to get the extra side shots at around a 45 degree angle instead of facing directly towards the side.

@antonio I think you might also want to get 45 degree shots from all sides if possible.

This morning I’ve got two sets of 45-degree pictures from all sides, one set is 40m and other 50m high
Do I upload them to the old mission?

Yes. I’ll delete the side photos of its necessary.

I’ve just uploaded the 40m and 50m pictures

Looks like it processed and it looks a lot better. The textures can be improved, especially on the sides, and that is a big focus for this and next week.

Have had three missions so far with this version. All have been flown with the latest public software release v1.3.20 with no issues starting the mission. I just updated the Phantom and not the controller. I like the new adjustments in height and overlap. I have flown two new missions and re-flew a previous mission with not issues. When are the camera settings changes coming. My images look good but lack the detail when you zoom in from some of the earlier versions. Thank you.