Using Live Map data to create mission

I’ve had this problem several times now. I try to create mission boundaries of a Solar Farm, but the panels aren’t on the map yet. So I don’t know where to set the mission boundaries to.

Has anyone else had this problem? I was wondering if you can use Live Map to fly a 400’ mission of the area, just to show the solar farm. Then use the live map image to create the actual mission boundaries for what you need to fly.

Yes, that method works. You just have to wait the 10 minutes or so it takes for the live map to fully process. This will depend on your internet connectivity.

Another thing I have done in the past if there was something to guide me was to drive/walk the perimeter and make pins on Google Earth that I could then trace and make a KML of I’ve been waiting for that into DroneDeploy. Took less time than flying and didn’t waste any of my batteries. Of course the area has to be accessible though.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. Some of these Farms are pretty large, and not entirely accessible from all sides. I’ll try Live Map.