Use Phantom 4 Pro/Adv Remote Controller with built in screen?

I purchased the new Phantom 4 Pro v2 with Phantom 4 Pro/Adv Remote Controller

The remote has a built in screen. Can it run the Drone Deploy app or do you need the controller that will hold a seperate device?

The latter. There isn’t currently a way of uploading up the DD app to DJIs built in screens, whether it be the (+) controller or CrystalSky.

You’ll either need to buy the standard package or an extra controller to pair with the P4 V2 when using DD. Not ideal but currently no way around it until DJI open up the ability to upload apps.

Now I am not even sure if my drone itself would work. Someone told me that if I had the controller with the screen that I had the Phantom 4 pro Plus V2 - which per the Drone Deploy device list is not compatible.

Is it correct that my drone also is not compatible then?

If your controller has a built-in screen, you either have a P4 Advanced(+) V1 or a P4 Pro(+) V2. The V2 drone became compatible 3 or 4 weeks ago but the (+), giving the addition of the built-in screen on the controller, is the part you can’t use with DD.

It’s only the controller with the built-in screen you have a problem with and need to change or buy a basic version of.

Hi @Stephen_Hadhazi,

If your device is not listed on our Supported Drones page then we cannot guarantee that your setup will or should work without issue with DroneDeploy.

Cheers,
Christina