Use maps created in drone deploy as my base map

hi i want to use a full site map created using Drone Deploy as my base map for creating smaller flight plans, how can i do this???
when i create flight plans and select “use existing maps as base layer” it uses the map of a smaller flight done previously which only shows part of the area of interest.

thanks

1 Like

That would be an excellent option. I am hoping for this as well. Even if the Fieldscan would become the future base map for that site it would be appropriate.

1 Like

Hi @dssurvey9752,

Thank you for reaching out on our Forum! If you have flown the area previously and processed a map in DroneDeploy, you could use the same map as your basemap to plan your next flight (assuming your next flight is within the boundaries of your processed map). Please let me know if that’s not the case and I can take a closer look.

Happy mapping!

Best,
Stephanie

I’m sorry, but I cannot find where in the system to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @LTF,

I suggest taking a look at the section titled “Plan a Flight Over an Existing Map” in our Flying Offline support page.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Christina

Yes, thank you! I found the app and all is well.

1 Like

Hi Christina, I’m not finding this section in the help. Looks like it was removed. Does this capability still exist. Being able to plan a flight over an area of concern is a very helpful feature that I would like to use.

2 Likes