Uploading the right photos

I assume you are talking about map photos vs all the others like progress and panos? In reality images are just images and I suppose they could have a filter that excludes any images with a gimbal pitch of less than 10-15% but that still isn’t realistic because there are still occasions where even 0-degree pitch images can be used for modeling which is what the majority of us are doing.

That said on a completely separate path there could be a break between mapping and modeling where all you are concerned with is the ground and only want to upload nadir images by which they could filter but there are two things to consider in this as well. We do take nadir images of things that we do not want in the “map” but also the EXIF data doesn’t always report a true -90 degrees so there would have to be a range like 89-90 degrees on the filter.

Honestly though isn’t it just good practice to organize? I mean how hard is it to filter by date taken and subdivide on separation of flight times… I guess if you are the only one in the workflow then organized chaos can work.

There is a product called GnarBox which is still in beta for drone-type use that allows you to insert your mSD card and filters can be setup that will create subfolders for you. I am not sure if gimbal pitch is something we can choose but I will take a look. Normally it is one of the fields that you would see in Windows, even geolocation. It is an amazing solution for the field because you are instantly backing up your data but also can be setup to automatically sync with something like a NAS when you hit your home/office network.