Unnecessary RTH

Unfortunately I started to have the same problem, and soon after the last update of the p4 firmware (09/16/2017), RTH without any need.
Opening the mission log file, I noticed that at the time of the rth, the telemetry started sending N / A only to the battery voltage columns, which may have caused the RTH, as I show below, Can someone help me?

imageAircraft Battery Last Updated (ms) Aircraft Battery Cell 1 Voltage (mV) Aircraft Battery Cell 2 Voltage (mV) Aircraft Battery Cell 3 Voltage (mV) Aircraft Battery Cell 4 Voltage (mV)
943 3901 3896 3898 3885
943 3901 3896 3898 3885
943 3901 3896 3898 3885
943 N/A N/A N/A N/A
943 N/A N/A N/A N/A
943 N/A N/A N/A N/A

Hi @Aldopa,

I’m curious if you have done any type of deep cycling with your batteries. This can be done by taking a fully charged battery and letting it discharge completely without any type of load other than powering on the drone itself (no props spinning). This type of battery cycling should be done every couple of months or more often depending on how often the batteries are used. This will improve the cell life of the battery and will extend their life cycle.

Also, make sure that the battery hasn’t been damaged in any way. I have seen this type of behavior from batteries that have been dropped or stored incorrectly. Suggested battery storage can be found in your DJI manual. Please let us know if cycling the batteries does the trick and fixes this issue.

Cheers!
Zach

Hi Zack
in the last 3 attempts, with different batteries, with 6 months of non-constant use, in the same area, the same RTH occurred. Checking the photos now, just before the RTH, the gimble was already pointing the camera forward and continuing to shoot, very strange.
As I was using the beta version of DD, today I’m going to test in different area, the regular DD and several heights. I did not quote but the mission height was 270m

Hi @Aldopa

When using the beta version of DD it is common for issues like this to pop up. Please let us know if you experience similar issues with the regular DD. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers!
Zach

Hi Christina.

I did reply to your email 2 days ago but it was returned. The reply-to address was ‘noreply@forum.dronedeploy.com’ but I didn’t notice at first. Can you email me again with a more usable return email address?

Thanks.

JF.

Hi @jflaplante,

To reply to a private message, open the message on the DroneDeploy forum website. You won’t be able to respond via email.

Let me know if you have issues replying to my message directly from your inbox on the forum site.

Cheers,
Christina

Any development as to why DD is acting this way and other’s aren’t ?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing this issue but I’m happy to share an update - we’ve investigated the matter and plan to roll out version that is meant to address this early next week.

I’ll follow up as soon as I have more information to share.

Cheers,
Christina

EDIT 9/29

Hi again,

In a previous reply I noted that we planned to have a fix implemented early next week. I want to let you know that we are currently working with DJI to provide a solution and it may take another week or so for this fix to be released.

I apologize for the delay and will let you know when and if anything changes.

Cheers,
Christina