Uneven Image Spacing

I’ve seen this for a while, but there are several areas with larger gaps. SanDisk Extreme PLUS U3 microSD card so that is not the problem. Overlaps were set at 70/70 and that appears to be correct for what it shot as a sidelap, but the frontlap appears to be roughly anywhere from 55 to 80.

Phantom 4 Pro (Updated)
iPad v5
iOS 11.4
DroneDeploy 2.76

Hi @MichaelL,

I’ve escalated your issue to our team for review. Do you have any maps in particular that you want them to look at?

Thanks,
Christina

I just finished the tagging so I can’t get your code, but it is “18113 Pecan Park Bastrop 070918”.

This seems to be an issue particular to the P4P on multiple third party software. I’ve seen it on three different flight programs. It must be something to do with the DJI approach to this.

Hi @MichaelL,

Our team looked at this and it doesn’t look like an issue from our end. As per DJI’s release notes:

“Photo shot miss during waypoint mission: On M200 series and Phantom 4 Pro, the camera may fail to shoot photos during the waypoint mission. This issue will be addressed by the future firmware.”

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Cheers,
Christina

Understood, thank you.

I have regularly seen this same issue when using a Phantom 4 Standard. I am fairly confident that the SD card is not the issue since it is a Netac U3 which records 4K video at 60MBS just fine. (I have tried to test a variety of SD cards by writing a large file to the card and then reading the same file. Unfortunately my hardware lets me down since I am using a USB 3.0 card reader that never seems to achieve even 40MBS with even the fastest cards I own.

Regards, Martin