Unable to upload second mission; same region of interest

We just wrapped up 2 conceutive missions. Same footprint, same elevations (recycled the mission). First at normal overlap, second at high.

We skipped upload of the first mission so we could continue with the second. On the way back in, we had close to 24 images uploaded on the second flight that are nowhere to be seen after cancelling the upload (upload wea really slow; even over wifi). The first mission must have had a few uploaded, because it attempted to make a map and thus allows us to upload imagery on the dashboard. With the second mission, we can’t upload our high-rez images because there’s no map interface to add them to. The data explorer on the mobile interface shows a flashing boundary box for the second flight now; and the desktop interface is reporting 0/0 images acquired and uploaded. Is there anyway to bypass wating for that upload that never happened and start uploading the imagery off the card?

For dji users there is a way to upload from the card but you might not have that enabled. I’ll enable that in a bit when I can.

Hi Beau,

I’ve updated that on your account. It wasn’t initially enabled for you because you started with non-DJI drones.

Best,
Jono

Ok - Thanks all for the help, but I’m feeling pretty dumb right now because I simply can’t figure out what part of the UI to use to get this imagery uploaded. Cleared browser cache for the DD site logged out and back in again, and nothing’s changed. Fwiw, we were already able to upload imagery but there had to be an existing map to do it. This is where I’m stuck :confused:

Hi Beau,

Now that I’ve enabled this action for you, where you usually see the ‘Flight Log’ or ‘Map’ button for a given flight, you should now see an ‘Upload’ button:

Let me know if you’re not seeing this so we can debug.

Nope - not seeing that. Here’s what I got:

Bears mentioning that there should be at least 24ish images uploaded from the p3 that never made it into the queue. I’ll be sure to log back in tomorrow afternoon to see if the right switch got flipped on y’all’s end.

Thanks for the clarification!

Hi Beau,

Should be done now. On a long flight and it seems the onboard wifi is a bit temperamental, seems as though the database change didn’t get reflected. I’ve checked it this time, and it should be in!

Best,
Jono

w00t! We’re uploading now. Thanks!

Btw, initial results from our first run were quite good. Better than expected for nominal overlap at lower altitudes! @curtmoore and I were talking post-mission and had a few bits of feedback that we’ll be sure to record in a separate thread.

Awesome! Great to hear. I find it kind-of amazing that I’m plugging into drone-related databases from 30,000ft :slight_smile: Looking forward to your feedback.

2 Likes