Unable to start mission with my Phantom 4 Pro

We had used DroneDeploy (free version) in the past and it was good. But last week when we were in the field doing grid survey we were getting “unable to start mission” message. GPS signals good ( 16 to 17 satellites), updated firmware, checked the drone with DJI Go before switching to DroneDeploy and everything looked good. I also power cycled the drone and the RC but still getting the same error message. At the end we had to use Pix4D - fortunately I always have a backup app.

What could be the potential cause please? The mobile device is Android tablet.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

We are having the same issues as well. Have you had any success fixing it?

1 Like

No I haven’t unfortunately. I couldn’t work out what caused the issue in the field and had to use Pix4D for the work at the end.

It is a bit stressful when errors happen in the field.

1 Like

Here are some steps to resolve the problem. Normally you should use 5-7 and 8 for every flight in a new area. With a new app, 1-4 is helpful to clear out any old issues.

1. Recycle the power on your tablet or phone the DroneDeploy app is on.
  2. Delete the DroneDeploy app.
  3. Power down your mobile device. Wait 60 seconds. Power back on.
  4. Reinstall the new app.
  5. Turn on the drone and open the DJI GO app to calibrate the compass.
  6. Quit the DJI GO app.
  7. Recycle the power on the drone and the controller.
  8. Open the DroneDeploy app and it should connect.
1 Like

It’s not a connection issue, it’s a failure to launch the drone issue after DD cycles through the preflight checks.

2 Likes

been an issue for us last two weeks as well.

1 Like

I will try 5 -8 next time. I don’t quite remember if I recycled the power on the drone and the controller after I quit the DJI Go app. Thanks.

1 Like

Been an issue for me going on for well over a year lol…

1 Like

Done. Not connection issue. Unable to fly for mission after preflight check completed.

2 Likes

It still being an issue. See the posts about the drone not wanting to launch during my multi-battery missions.

There may be compatibility issues between the version of DroneDeploy you’re using and ur Android tablet. Try checking for any app or system udates.
And double-check the app and permissions for DroneDeploy on ur Android tablet. Ensure that location/GPS permissions are granted and any necessary settings are properly configured.