Trying to upload pics

Hi, I have yet to succesfully upload any pics. I have flown a few mission and can get the maps to start loading but they never complete. The maps get to about 70% & then jump back to 0%. My internet guy seems to think that my firewall or antivirus/malware is stopping them. I looked into where they are trying to upload and I get a browser response that says site is unsafe because certificates do not match site name. I tried to chat with Neema on this but thought this might be a better way to ask. Any info would help.
Thanks
Curt

Which browser are you using?

Chrome on a windows 7 machine

I looked on my resource monitor on my desktop last night while trying to upload some pics. It was sending the pics to a site ec2.****complete-1.amazonaws.com, the * are for some numbers I didn’t know if I should post, and when I talked to my IT guy he tried that site and it comes up as unsafe. It gives an error that the server certificate does not match the url. I think this is what is stopping my uploads and also it is blocking cookies from that site.
Thanks
Curt

Hmm. The url is fine. The uploads get signed by our server and you get a single use key that lets you upload just that specific photo to one of our buckets on Amazon S3.

Can you try Firefox?

It sounds like something that is installed or configured is messing up the certificate chain. I think Firefox uses its own certificate chain.

I am on the road but I could try that when I get home. On another note what is a recomended tablet to use? Was thinking of getting a samsung tab and just having it pick wifi off my phone. Gets me a bigger screen.

Hi Chase,
I got home and downloaded firefox and then tried to upload photos. Its a little different it won’t let you pick a folder so I picked 1 pic and tried. About same result, it uploaded to about 85-90% and then jumped back to zero. Firefox also says certificate does not match url. Could this be caused because I am trying to upload from Canada? Would that affect the certs
Curt

Hi Chase,
I tried Firefox, I talked to my local computer shop that does my webmonitoring/Antivirus and they turned off all Antivirus monitoring stuff on my end, tried that. I then tried on a different computer on a different Internet connection and same thing happens every time, the upload gets to 90% and then jumps back to 0, climbs back to 90% goes back to 0 and sits there. I don’t know what else to try on my end. Is my account all set to receive uploads, I have tried to upload pics to same flight plan so I don’t know if that affects things.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Curt

I’ll get somebody to look at this closer tomorrow morning. It shouldn’t be happening across all those browsers and machines.

If you want to get a map while we try to fix this for you you can use dropbox, google drive, etc. and send an email to support@dronedeploy.com
Sorry for the trouble.

I should have asked about that earlier, I was planning on uploading pics to dropbox. If I did it that way just send an email to support with a link yo folder on dropbox? Should I just store them in folders by date?
Thanks
Curt

Yeah, any way to determine which flight it is would be fine.