Thermal Inspections

Hi

A client has asked me if I can provide more detailed roof inspections in addition to the site maps I am already doing; particularly around water retention and heat loss. Can you help me to understand how Drone Deploy could help me with this please? I am currently using a Mavic 2 Pro, would I need to invest in a different drone that has thermal capabilities?

Thanks Daniel

1 Like

We’re also looking at thermal capability, you’re going to need to get a separate drone for that. The Mavic Enterprize Advanced I think is the cheapest option, or if you want something more significant you’re going to have to look at the Matrice models. I’m still not completely sure on the compatibility, I think the enterprize is good to go however the Matrice 300 can potentially only do automatic flights running off an iOS device.

We have been looking at this for a while, I am hoping that the New M30 will be usable in DroneDeply soon? I have looked into using thermal cams on mavicpro 2 also but its not compatable with DD, but does give thermal direct inspection.

1 Like

I am wondering if anyone has had any luck creating usable 3D thermal models in DD? I have uploaded two datasets for processing. The raw pictures look ok, meaning they are mostly purple, blue, and black with occasional warm or hotspots in yellow, orange, or red. The 2D maps look like they’re supposed to, but the 3D models are entirely different shades of orange. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or how to fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I mean: DroneDeploy