System Maintenance: Final Map to Project Conversion

This is just a heads-up for those of you that didn’t get or haven’t seen the latest DroneDeploy support email… I will be in touch with support to make sure this is clear and concise. We have two weeks so stay tuned.

"Earlier this year DroneDeploy launched Projects that allowed users to easily organize all of their maps. Since then we have only added new functionality to this new experience, and at the end of this year, we are no longer supporting this older map view.

We want to make sure that all of your maps are in this new experience so that you will have access to all of the exciting features we have released this year, like side-by-side comparison, stockpile reporting, and 3D measurements.

To facilitate this movement, on December 31, 2019, any of your maps that are not yet part of a project will be automatically migrated into new projects. Not to worry - all of your maps will still exist in your account but will now be put into a new project with the same name as the map.

If you would like to organize your old maps into existing projects or group them together into new ones prior to December 31, 2019, you can MIGRATE YOUR OLD MAPS manually. As a final FYI, the organization of your maps can still happen after the migration just like you would normally do but we recommend that organization be done prior to the end of the year.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact the DroneDeploy Support team at support@dronedeploy.com or your Customer Success Manager.
Best,
The DroneDeploy Team"

2 Likes

Clarifications:

• If you have any individual “Maps”, not “Projects”, on the Dashboard they will be converted to a “Project” in which several maps can reside.

• If you have a folder with Maps they will each be converted to a Project. If the individual maps in that folder were of the same site then you can then go into the project, Map Details and move that map to one of the other projects. This will consolidate all the individual maps into one project and you can take advantage of the calendar browser and compare tools.

• There is currently NO way to convert a folder of Maps to a project.

• It may be advantageous (in my opinion) to do some of this proactively to avoid complications that may possibly arise from the automated process.

• To convert several Maps of the same site into a Project pick one of the Maps and click on the 3-dot to the right of the name and convert to a Project. Then click on the 3-dot of each additional Map and select move to Project. A list of Projects will populate in order of their proximity to the Map you are moving.

• Now that all your maps are in Projects, if you want to really tidy up you can edit the map names by going to the calendar date of the map you want to edit and click on the Gear at the top right. In my case I no longer need the date and the project number. It doesn’t look professional to me to have redundant data all over the place. I will probably just rename them to Progress Map or whatever the purpose of that flight was.