Snapshot 360 Panos

I am training customers the value of and how to view 360 panos in multiple platforms and one nice addition that I think would be big for them is the ability to click a button and snapshot the current view they are displaying of the 360 pano. They obviously wouldn’t be the highest resolution, but with 1080p and even 4k monitors they are actually pretty good. I usually include several snips from the 360 pano in the dataset I deliver and we use snipping all the time for quick comments and discussions so I think it might be valuable to clients as well.

1 Like

They need to add a multi-level Pano flight plan. I’ve done panos at every 10’ vertical up to X height. Basically what the sight line would look like at each floor of a future building.

1 Like

Like it! I just did this for a project in downtown Austin and they were quite pleased. I am very happy that we can share the panos now. It’s always good to be able to send a client to one spot for all their data! Now if we could get videos sorted…

Were these 360 Panos or just linear? If linear how do you share them?

I 3rd party software at the time. And the Pano stitching was a pain in the back side. But once done I uploaded all the individual photos with the panos on the server and passed them to the engineer who sent them to the client.

I had 5 spots on one site with 5 different elevations per site. It took 25 photos per elevation per site. I had to manually fly and easier to each elevation and then let the 3rd party do the Pano photos.

1 Like

Nice. We used Microsoft ICE and Kuula for sharing before DroneDeploy was enabled. The ability to do linear panos would be a nice option, but 360’s are so cool…

1 Like