Signal Map in Airdata shows low signal? P4P

I have flown a few missions now, and Airdata shows that the signal quality is bad… Telemetry is still there, the video signal on screen is good - but on all missions towards the end it seems as if there is an issue with the connection. When it starts to fly back - I get a drone connected message at the bottom, but don’t recall seeing anything saying it was disconnected. This does not happen with any other program, and happens on 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz…

I am using an iPhone7Plus, temperatures are good on it - not overheating…

Is this a known problem?

I’m new at this, had a mission disconnect and my drone RTH prematurely. I overcame that by putting Windsurfers on my controller and positioning my home/controller location as close to the middle of the survey area as possible. I know that isn’t always possible :slight_smile:

Like you, I’m seeing the “Drone Connected” messages sporadically throughout this mission and too was wondering why I missed any drone disconnected messages. I know from my AirData logs that most longer distance flights, or those with obstructions between the controller and the drone will have minor signal errors:

I’m going to upload my log from the last mission to AirData and see if mine echoes yours.

So far, I’ve been very impressed with DroneDeploy. It hasn’t been perfect, but it appears that those behind the scenes are very invested in making it the best mapping app/service out there. Compared to others I’ve been testing, I’m liking DD the best, you? My only disappointments are:
1.) Lack of drone telemetry
2.) Exposure inconsistencies

Those two may be pilot ignorance as I figure this all out.

Hi, I have same issues. The DD always causes very weak signal. I receive several times Drone Connected messages. Yesterday i had to restart the mission three times because of signal loss. Today I tested the drone (P4P). I sent 2.7 kms away. There was perfect signal. After it I made a DD mission. Same very weak signal. There must be an issue with the DD app.
First the DJI GO4 app, second the DD mission…
I wrote to the support. Waiting for answer…

Here is the DD mission…