Sharing annotations and measurement features with clients

I’ve got an issue with drone deploy… hopefully this is just my lack of understanding the platform. I’ve been on the pro plan for about 2 months and trying to create interest in the service that i can provide locally by making maps for anyone i can think of. I sat down with a friend the other day for whom i’ve made a map, having invited him as an editor he created an account so that he could view the map i made for him. first thing that i noticed is that none of the measurement, annotation and download tools were available to him for the map I had made him.

Does that mean that anyone who pays me to make one map for them has to pay drone deploy $180 AUD a month to be able to use the features for that one map, that I am already paying for?

If so that is pure price gouging, not to mention bad for DD business. If I’m trying to make a business out of my subscription, (which is the idea is it not?) then why should my clients have to pay DD a further $180 AUD a month to be able to use features which DD promote as part of the product. Clients wont go for that, which is bad for my business, and, ultimately for for DD, because I’ll start looking for another service.

I hope that i have it wrong, but when my friend tried to his account to view the map that I’ve paid DD to make he just got the ‘upgrade to use this feature’ message. I have a small amount of work with a developer at the moment, and we want to start sharing these maps to the owner, it will look bad if they have to pay DD for a service they are already paying me for…

You might try sharing it with the PDF Annotation Report app in the App Market.

^ Although the client would be relying on us providing the variety of dimensions it wants. It would be handy if any user with access to the processed map could take it’s own temporary dimensions that would get deleted upon exit.

1 Like

I see what DD are trying to acheive here… so I make a client a map, partially on the basis that they can make simple measurements calculations etc. the reality is that they pay me to make the initial map, and then again any time they want a measurement… or they pay DD for the month that they want the measurement.

But that annoys me, as a map maker, I’m making maps for other people, It’s their map so why don’t they have access to the features that they have paid for when they got the map made?

It seems like price gouging to me, If I’m paying $180 AUD a month for the service I want my clients to have access to those features, or at least choose whether they have access to those features

I’ve got an issue with drone deploy… hopefully this is just my lack of understanding the platform. I’ve been on the pro plan for about 2 months and trying to create interest in the service that i can provide locally by making maps for anyone i can think of. I sat down with a friend the other day for whom i’ve made a map, having invited him as an editor he created an account so that he could view the map i made for him. first thing that i noticed is that none of the measurement, annotation and download tools were available to him for the map I had made him.

Does that mean that anyone who pays me to make one map for them has to pay drone deploy $180 AUD a month to be able to use the features for that one map, that I am already paying for?

If so that is pure price gouging, not to mention bad for DD business. If I’m trying to make a business out of my subscription, (which is the idea is it not?) then why should my clients have to pay DD a further $180 AUD a month to be able to use features which DD promote as part of the product. Clients wont go for that, which is bad for my business, and, ultimately for for DD, because I’ll start looking for another service.

I hope that i have it wrong, but when my friend tried to his account to view the map that I’ve paid DD to make he just got the ‘upgrade to use this feature’ message. I have a small amount of work with a developer at the moment, and we want to start sharing these maps to the owner, it will look bad if they have to pay DD for a service they are already paying me for…

Hello @punkie,

Have you checked out our Data Sharing guide? You can share the data publicly for free with non-DroneDeploy users, and export the data to send to your clients. For example, the annotations you make on your clients’ maps can still be shared and explored further without them having a DroneDeploy account. However, certain features and functionalities do require a paid subscription to use.

Best,
Hannah

@punkie For what it’s worth (not much), I agree with you that if you are paying DD for their service, you should be able to share the map with whoever you wish and they should be able to run all the tools. If DD sticks to this approach, you could check out Maps Made Easy. Their processor is just as good as DD in my tests and they allow anyone you choose to use the tools on the orthos and DEMs your create.