Save user preference in app

Hello
Is there an easy way to store user preferences in an app ? like color of the background app or language preference ?
Thanks
Sylvain

Hi @sylvain_reynaud,

Thanks for swinging by the Forum with your question! You can set your language preference under Settings icon at the top of your app dashboard. Unfortunately, we only offer English and Japanese language preferences at this time.

Hope that helps!

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie
Thanks for response, but the language settings was just an example. In fact i would like to store login/password to send one flight to an another application. At this moment, each time i go the app i need to enter user and password… i saw there is a beta database API but i think it’s too much complex for just storing 2 fields…

DroneDeploy save your username and password on the app and the browser if you elect to, so I am assuming you are trying to save those credentials to a third party?

Hello
Not exactly, I would like to use other user/pwd /url to connect to a third party. It’s completely different user/password/url

Sylvain

Le jeu. 1 nov. 2018 à 20:42, Michael Lambert dronedeploy@discoursemail.com a écrit :

Unfortunately, this feature does not yet exist. You are more than welcome to submit this as a feature request on our Forum. Our Product team reviews the most popularly voted requests and takes them into consideration when planning future features.

Hello

Not exactly, I would like to use other user/pwd /url to connect to a third party. It’s completely different user/password/url

Got it. Either way, you are still trying to authenticate to a 3rd party. I know there are a couple if apps to external service like Procore and Autodesk Forge. There use to be one for Dropbox and like storage services, but I don’t think there is a custom connector. Funny timing though, I have a meeting with the SDK team this afternoon so I will let you know if I learn anything interesting. What site/application are you trying to get to?

Perfect timing :wink:
It’s for dronelogbook. It provides webservices where you can import log flights.
More generally, i think it could be interesting to store key/value. It could be credentials for 3rd apps or user preferences (in the app : like app background color, language etc…)

I could definitely see the credentials being possible with the other integrations I have seen, but controlling the interface of an external program might be a different cat.