Roof Report Printing

Hello all,
We are new to Drone Deploy and I was wondering if anyone has had any problems when trying to print a roof report? I had a customer try to print a roof report and the text was so small it was unreadable. I looked at the report and it turns out the pages are formatted for 8.5 x 14 and it scaled down by 75% to fit on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Does anyone have a fix either in Drone Deploy or Adobe Acrobat to resize a document without scaling it down so you can read the report? 8.5 x 14 paper is not commonly used and I want to make the process easy for our customers.

Is the printer choosing 8.5 x 14 automatically. It sounds like a possible setting that persisted from a previous print. If you are using Bluebeam or Acrobat you should be able to see the actual size in properties.

We have seen issues with the font they use and when I asked what it was they didn’t know. @Andrew_Fraser. Another hiccup we found is that if you print using the Save as PDF “printer” instead of the Bluebeam or Acrobat plug-in that the text will be jumbled and unreadable when opened in one of those programs.

Can you share one of PDFs so I can take a look at it? You can PM it to me if you prefer.

Thanks Michael - I PM the link to the report since it a customers location. Also below is a screenshot when I try to print. My printer will default to “Shrink oversize pages” But when i select print to actual size it shows that the report is formatted to 8.5 x 14. FYI i use the Acrobat plug-in. The text is readable just extremely small.

Try checking Choose paper source? Looking at the doc now.

It definitely says 8.5 x 14 in Bluebeam. Looks like DroneDeploy is listed as the Developer. This is something they will have to fix. I will add to this by saying that it would be really nice if we could choose the export size and the report would scale properly. When we try to do this with commercial buildings it is worthless. Pretty much applies to all the reports.

@Andrew_Fraser

1 Like

Thanks Michael - I appreciate you looking into it