Resuming flight Mavic 2P on Android

I’m sure it used to work OK. But recently my drone sometimes doesn’t resume a mission from the last photo, it goes instead to the next waypoint, thereby often missing out 20 or so photos.

Even when I specifically avoid any intervention, letting the app do it all. Previously when returning home mid-mission I’ve sometimes taken over in Sport mode (after the RTH has started), descending as I returned at speed. But this doesn’t appear relevant. The app tells me it’s returning home, and offers to continue the mission etc all as expected after fitting a fresh battery.

Any idea what’s going wrong? Is this a bug?

One other thing which I suspect is unconnected is that my gimbal has been shaking around at the start of resuming flight, pointing in all sorts of directions (and taking some photos - maybe four or so). But the drone’s already heading to the next waypoint anyway rather than where it ought to resume so again I don’t think this is relevant. I’ve re-calibrated the IMU and gimbal using a PC screen as per DJI instructions.

1 Like

On multi-battery missions, the drone will always return to the last reached waypoint. Even if you are almost to the next waypoint and hit RTH, it will resume all the way back at the last waypoint reached. It’s always been that way as far as I know. Unless it has changed in v.4xx

That wouldn’t be so bad! But the problem is that it’s restarting at the next waypoint.

In other words, it’s actually missing part of the planned flight, somewhere in between two waypoints.

I’m sure at one time it would actually return to where it had RTH’d, even between waypoints - but I may be wrong there. Not sure if manual or auto RTH makes a difference.

1 Like

Just done another test re the Gimbal problem.

Pretty certain this only happens in Drone Deploy (not Go4 or Litchi), and that it only occurs when resuming a mission after a battery swap (and not always). Not had it happen at the start of a mission. Doesn’t always correct itself either. Switch to Go4 after landing and all seems OK - not tried mid-flight.

1 Like

I think things have changed Dave. I don’t confess to follow all of the updates or when features are introduced (I’d rather they weren’t tbh), but have noticed for past 3-4 months that the drone is returning to the last picture it took, rather than the last waypoint reached. Funnily enough, it doesn’t stop me hitting RTH after a waypoint if I don’t think I can reach the next before it automatically returns. Old habits die hard.

If you’re flying onto the next waypoint and having gimbal issues @IanC, I would say there’s definitely something buggy going on. I’ve never heard of either of these issues before.

2 Likes

I thought that may be the case, James. Thanks for setting me straight on the new version. I looked at the help docs when I posted that comment and they indicate that the drone will return to where it left the mission rather than the last completed waypoint. And that document was edited 5 months ago.

1 Like

You don’t happen to have another craft that you can try to eliminate the hardware? I know @MichaelL has not seen this issue but he does not fly a M2P AFAIK. I have one, but using DD v3, so no help.

No Mavics in this house. I did a 4-battery mission on Friday without incident, so it must be model specific. Any other Mavic variant flyers out there?

I’m not having the issues experienced with my MP1 on V4.4.1. Just laggy for the first 20 secs after starting the mission and poor battery life, although better than the previous release.

1 Like

Both issues I described have been intermittent. Had another go this afternoon (used three batteries) and everything worked perfectly. I was resuming a 7-battery mission where I had had problems this morning, after recharging my three batteries, so it’s not the mission that’s at fault. No gimbal problems, and it restarted from last photo rather than waypoint every time.

Whether these problems are connected, I have no real idea. Though they often seem to occur on the same session. I know, intermittent problems are the worst to diagnose!

1 Like

The last few times I mapped a multi battery mission it did the same to me. P3P and M2P. Returned to home for a battery swap and on resuming the mission it started at the next waypoint therefore missing several pics needed.

2 Likes

Hi,
The same problem happend with me too, can anybody help over there. Just ping me asap.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hey

Still waiting for someone to help me with the issue?

1 Like

I have missing photos on flight resume problem regularly on P4A and M2P, Ipad mini and Mi Note 3. Had gimbal issue twice, but never thought they were connected. Missing photos problem is really annoying. You can find recent example attached.

1 Like

Hi @Vlad, on the latest version of iOS available from the App Store we’ve improved precision resume which should resolve this issue. Android will have a similar update soon.

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_Fraser. Now I face another problem with P4A and Ipad mini 5: when I want to resume flight, I can often see the just flown part of plan drawn in app and can’t check what part of flight plan was uploaded to drone. The uploaded part of plan is drawn right after tapping “start flight” button (or how it is called, can’t recall at the moment).

1 Like