Recent Update Causing Slightly Blurry Photos on P4P.A !?

I did a job today and when I examined the photos, they looked slightly blurry. Initially I thought maybe the drone was flying to past but I was able to rule that out. I did a job about a month ago, and the photos were not slightly blurry. I think I could be one of the first users to discover this as you have to do a comparison with previous photos to catch it. Here’s how I was able to rule out many possibilities…

I took the P4A (same X4S camera as P4P) up and took a photo using Drone Deploy. Then I took a photo of the same area with the DJI Go App, same altitude, and it was noticeable a much sharper image. Then I took the same photo but with my standard P4 drone using Drone Deploy and it too was WAY sharper than the P4A photos take with Drone Deploy. So at this point all the evidence is leading me to conclude that possibly the app was updated in the past month or so and now something is “off” The difference in sharpness isn’t night and day, it’s almost as if, the DD app thinks the P4A/P camera is the P4 camera possibly and this is enough to throw things off. So to summarize things that are ruled out:

• Motion Blur - drones were only going 12 MPH (80/80 overlap, 250ft, good light)
  • Problem with drone or camera - ruled out because using different software produces the normal sharp images
  • Software camera settings - used same mission between P4 and P4A by copying it and verified focus is auto

This really only leaves some sort of issue, potentially a new/recent issue with the DD app by logical deduction. See for yourself with my test photos. The shingles on the roofs of the houses are an easy way to compare the detail. Would love to get to the bottom of this!

TESTSHOTDJI_0141 - This is a from Drone deploy at 250ft. with drone deploy controlling the P4 Advances camera.
TESTSHOTDJI_0033DJIGO4 - This is from 250ft with DJI GO4 controlling the camera.
TESTSHOTDJI_0013_P4 - This is a from Drone deploy at 250ft. with drone deploy controlling the P4 Standard camera.

Here are the photos:

TESTSHOTDJI_0141 - This is a from Drone deploy at 250ft. with drone deploy controlling the P4 Advances camera.

TESTSHOTDJI_0033DJIGO4 - This is from 250ft with DJI GO4 controlling the camera.

TESTSHOTDJI_0013_P4 - This is a from Drone deploy at 250ft. with drone deploy controlling the P4 Standard camera.

Hi @consultant,

I would recommend turning on the “set focus manually in DJI GO” under the advanced settings to see if that takes care of the issue. Once you have done that you can reset the camera to default settings which should clear up the issue. We have had some customers report this issue but it seems to be an intermittent issue. Please let us know if you continue to see this issue once you have reset to default camera settings.

Best,
Zach

Kind of the same problem and thanks for this thread, I’m still learning manual thanks.