Providing professional tools for municipal environment offices and environment professionals

Hi everyone!

I’ve launched my property imaging and mapping brand, but before going to talks with mapping and property professionals on our municipal environment offices, I wanted to ask some questions. If anybody could help me on those, it would be much appreciated.

I’m not by any standards mapping professional but want to learn as much I can, so I need some guidance from you or pointers to relevant literature or documents.

Questions in my mind:

1. I suppose processed maps can be only accurately be placed/ overlayed on the “normal” maps with marked ground control points? If it is possible without, how overlaying can be achieved? Google earth and visually placing map over satellite image?

2. If environment officers want to check volumetric data like that the company has not taken too much gravel or other materials from open-cast mine or similar this can be achieved with DroneDeploy precision tools?

3. If I need to provide such a service to take measurements from processed map data, do I just buy “Precision” plan months and share maps with client and client can do those measurements by themselves from shared flight? And data can be viewed by client and measured again if needed even if the Precision plan has expired?

Thank you in advance for helping me out!

Niko, have you put a UAV in the sky and played around with the DroneDeploy?

Kind regards,

Andrei Taylor
SkyAerialSolutions.com

Hi @itsdrei!

Yes, I’ve made several maps with DD, but only for myself and for demo purposes. Some of the maps were quite large multibattery ones as I wanted to see how large areas could be mapped with DD.

Answering to my own question number 2) - DD just announced that Pro plan has now volumetric data tool.

Still wondering and If anybody could help me on on my remaining question, it would be much appreciated.

I’m not by any standards mapping professional but want to learn as much I can, so I need some guidance from you or pointers to relevant literature or documents.

1. I suppose processed maps can be only accurately be placed/ overlayed on the “normal” maps with marked ground control points? If it is possible without, how overlaying can be achieved? Google earth and visually placing map over satellite image?

/ Niko Paulanne
Property Imaging in Finland