Progress Report - Images Out of Focus

Progress Report

Images out of focus

Beginning

DJI Mavic Pro

I utilised the Progress Report functionality for the first time yesterday and having spent an hour or so perfecting the photos’ locations and angle etc., was disappointed to find this morning they’re all everso slightly out of focus, much like the traditional missions I used to do before switching to the manual focus and exposure options you added - at which point my results became perfect.

Despite setting up the settings manually in DJI Go4 as I would normally do (focus usually at infinity), there isn’t an option with the progress report mission to utilise their options through Drone Deploy. It appears DD is ignoring my manual settings and adjusting the images automatically but obviously being a Mavic, it’s failing.

Much like you added them in the traditional missions, please can the same focus/exposure options be added to the Progress Report mission also? I have a week before I need to return to site and it would be nice to be able to continue with the mission I’ve set up and now started. Not having the first clue about developing software, I’m thinking it’s a very easy ask, please? :slight_smile:

Thanks DD.

J.

Image below taken by me in DJI Go4, manual exposure and focus…

Image below taken through DroneDeploy…

Hi @JamesC,

Hope you are doing well and thanks so much for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that the images of your Progress Photo report came out slightly out of focus. If you have a moment, would you mind sending us this specific flight information so that we can take a deeper look at it?

In the meantime, I have passed your feedback along to our Product team so that they can consider adding the camera settings options within the Progress Photo capture.

Happy mapping!

Cheers,
Andrea

Hi Andrea.

The UK are in a middle of a heatwave and so with the exception of being hot and bothered and no aircon at home, I’m well thank you. :slight_smile:

The mission is entitled “G. Lane” on my dashboard and was in fact the last I flew on 3rd July.

I flew up in Go4 and made the maunal adjustments (as us Mavic users have to) before switching to DD and starting the mission. Of course not having the manual switches in DD to toggle, DD ignored the manual settings I made in Go4, both exposure and focus.

I’m not expecting DD to fix the automated focusing issue for the Mavic but it would be hugely advantageous to provide the same manual switches in DD to its Prgress Project mission - allowing me to override DD’s attempt. Please let this happen quickly. It seems like a very simple request and I’d almost go so far to suggest an oversight given DD already know it is a necessity for Mavic users.

Thanks again. J.

Hi @JamesC,

Thanks for providing this information. I agree that having the option to set the focus and exposure within the DJI GO app when using our Progress Photo capture would be very useful for other users as well.

As I mentioned to you before, I have informed about this feature suggestion to our Product Manager so we can consider adding this feature.

We appreciate your feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Cheers,
Andrea

Thanks @Andrea.

I did consider it might also be a good idea to include the ability to jump ahead to a waypoint of your choice, like a traditional mission, but in all honesty it’s just as easy (if not easier) to simply remove the waypoints from the mission.

Thanks again.
J.

Mavic out of focus?

Hi. I dont suppose you have an update for this @Andrea do you? Thanks. J.

Hi @JamesC,

Thanks for following up. At this time I do not have any update here. As I mentioned to you, I have registered this improvement suggestion on our system so that our Product Team can work on prioritizing this.

Once again, we appreciate you sharing this great feedback with us.

Happy mapping!
Andrea