Processing With Terrain vs Structure Setting?

Is there any explanation available as to what specifically is different in the processing method when using the Terrain versus Structures setting? The processing time estimates are different. The structures setting shows a bit longer processing time. This would seem to me, more processing steps are involved which in general would seem to result in not just a more accurate 3D model, but possibly a more accurate terrain elevation model for anything but the flattest terrain?

1 Like

There’s no specifics as it is a proprietary engine, but I can tell you it is basically a dense point cloud with different settings for outliers that is more compatible with oblique images which is why models come out so much better and we are limited to 1,000 images.

Michael its 2,999 obliques before it automatically process in terrain. Good news though that after I did the some tweaking the obliques processed as NADIR produced an accurate topographical model. Checkpoint Z was right around 1 inch and that was using 5 checkpoints throughout the 154 acre map.

1 Like