Problems with DJI firmware update to 1.03.00.00 and DD

It seems as though you might have to downgrade to the previous listed standard firmware before upgrading to the beta firmware.

that is correct,

thanks for the tool for the controller.

Anyone having success with this? Hereā€™s what we did on a PC:
Used Junoā€™s provided tool; gs-ofdm.bin. Inserted into controller with USB stick. Power on. Lots of beeps then green light on controller to indicate it was finished.

Downloaded previous listed standard firmware; 01.02.02.06 to USB stick. insert into controller. Power on. No response from controller and no txt file was generated to indicate success/fail. Turned off controller after several minutes with no successful software load to controller.

Put 01.02.02.06 loaded firmware on MicroSD card and placed into aircraft camera. Cabled controller and camera. Turned on controller, then aircraft trying to load to the controller from aircraft camera drive. No success for us.

When you have applied the patch to your RC, remove the usb pen drive and reconnect your ipad/android and restart the RC
The App will show a ā€œUpgrade Requiredā€ message.
Let the App download and install the latest FW
You should be good to goā€¦

Wonā€™t updating the RC from the app take it back to 1.03? Iā€™m having the same problem as @davet01.

Too bad dji announced groundstation support on the new firmware 1.03. and broke it with all the mapping apps. No battery status and no successful connection to the inspire1. Unfortunately I canā€™t experiment with downgrading since we leave for Namibia in a few days. So no desert dune maps for our showcase :frowning: At least until there is a new software version.

We are pushing our contacts in DJI for an update about timeline for a fix. The phantom 3 firmware seems to work for most people but for us it seems a bit buggier even during normal flights.

its shame we have not heard anything, i asked in the beta forum and to beta@dji.com how come the first beta did work, but they removed it.

its like they donā€™t want anyone to have this apps running before they release the newly announced functionality with the p3 standard.

BillMcD,
Did you get it working?

Thanks Jono .
control and weathered successfully but now I lost the link to is not updated with any software.
sorry for my English Iā€™m from Madrid and is the translator

Jero,

Si quieres puedes hablar en espanol. Hay algunos de espana y entendimos en dronedeploy.

No I havenā€™t. Not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong. Used 1.02.01.6 and was able to downgrade the ship no problem. Then I used the gs_ofdm.bin for the controllers and that worked but I couldnā€™t get 1.02.01.6 to load on to them and they wouldnā€™t communicate to the ship so the controllers are back on 1.03 right now.

Gracias, para mi es mas Facil

We will go through the process tomorrow and see if we can come up with some steps that work.

1 Like

Thanks! Chase we appreciate the help.

Thanks for all the help everyone. As with everyone else, no success here after I upgraded my I1 to 1.3.00.00. Iā€™ll keep checking back.

I havenā€™t been able to get past the checklist with 1.03.0020 and a phantom 3. Apparently itā€™s working for some people but I seem to get stuck at drone state check failing - firmware check failed.
Anyone else seeing this?

Just updated the Phantom 3 to the current firmware and made it through the checklist. Now we just need to figure out the Inspire 1.

1 Like

Hi Dion,

Have you updated the RC as well as the drone? And have you done a quick test flight using the Pilot app to ensure calibrations and errors are resolved?

Hi jono,

Yes, the controller has been updated.
Everything plays nice with the GO app (and pilot on android).

Other thoughts?

D