Problem loading projects

I have had probelms loading the projects before flying whit the most recent DD version.
I create the projects in the office and check them “off line”, but when I am going to fly (no internet available), the project does not appear in the screen and I must create a new one from scratch.

Thank you

1 Like

I’ve changed the thread Category.

For testing, you can disable data on your device in the office. Are you finding the mission won’t persist every time? In other words. With data, your mission plan is available, and then when you disable data, it’s gone?

There have been reports of problems with DD v.4.0.x but I have not seen this one posted.

What device and os version please.

Hello

My divice is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Android 7.0

Thank you

1 Like

Did you try the test I mentioned above?

Hello

I tried what you mention, disabling internet at the office and works ok.

,But again when I am going to fly, the mission does not load.

1 Like

This is just a band-aid, but can you create a KML file that you can load in the field? Basically making the local device force it into the system and it should then sync back to your desktop.

Hello

I will try that in the flight that i have tomorrow.

1 Like

That is strange problem. To be clear, at home, without an internet connection, you can load a DD mission. But away from home, with the same gear, you cannot load a mission? I’m not sure why there would be a difference. Have you tried another smart device with the same outcome? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DD? If none of this makes a difference and no one else has any ideas, I would suggest contacting DD support directly.

Hello

I have made some flights and everything is working fine.
I think that the probelm was that I check the msiion as “aviable offline” and did not relize a mesage showing that I reachied the maximum of “offline projects”.
I do not know if that was the issue, but is the only explanation that I find.

1 Like

Generally, “available offline” is referring to the map background (satellite image tiles) and the mission itself should always be available. But I’m glad it’s working for you!

DD V4.9

Just did a quick test. Accessed projects in the office then went into airplane mode (no WiFi or cellular)

iPad Pro - appeared to be able to access projects offline without a problem (didn’t try to fly them)
iPad Mini 4 - nope, it just sits and spins. Nothing cached. I get a folder listing but no project information. 23GB of storage available
iPhone XS - nope, same issue. 26.2GB of storage available

Spin indicator on both the iPhone and iPad mini, which I’m guessing is showing the device is trying to download data.

That is my assumption as well. But it is possible that the app gets caught in a loop somewhere and that would present similarly. So we can’t be sure.

The older version of the app (that i have) makes a query to DD too because there is a pop-up that says it can’t do something or other (can’t remember exactly) but the failure to connect does not interfere with the mission at hand.

DD staff never say what is causing errors, even after they identify them.