Predicting Pictures Per Acre

Thank you for looking!

As someone who has experimented a fair amount with Drone Deploy in the last 4 months, an issue I have seen time and time again when mapping large areas has been a sever lack of reliability in the simulator. I won’t go too in depth with the specific issues I’m having with the simulator since this isn’t a bug thread, but suffice it to say that while the simulator predicted 900 pictures, the drone took about 400.

Even if the simulator were at all accurate, it still seems like a waste of time to sit and watch a fake drone run through the whole 30 minute flight just to find out whether or not I am within the 1000 picture limit. (perhaps better if there were a fast fwd option)

If there were an app or a feature in Drone Deploy that let you load either the flight map it’s self, or the all parameters of the flight (acres, altitude, overlap, speed, type of drone, number of turns in the map, etc.etc.) and spit out the pictures per acre… That would make so much sense. Even if this estimated number of pictures was within 50 or 100 of the actual number, it would be HUGELY more beneficial than what is available currently.

Thanks Drone Deploy team for your continued involvement with your customers and commitment to developing a strong software.

Hi @Max_Eastman,

Thank you for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum and sharing your feedback. We’re always working on making improvements and thoughts from our users are always greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Christina

I believe there is already an app for predicting flight time and the image count within the dronedeploy app market.

Hi @Max_Eastman,

Did a bit of research after reading the response from @chasemgray and found an app in our App Market called Flight Plan Data & Processing Estimates. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Christina

really - where please?

Hi @Raromoan,

I linked to it in a previous post - it’s called Flight Plan Data & Processing Estimates.

Cheers,
Christina