Plan upload failed: Failed to set

I am trying to map 300 acres with a Skydio 2. Requires multiple battery swaps. When I try to relaunch, I keep getting an error after “Start Flight.”

Plan upload failed: Failed to set
“FLIGHT_CONTROL” (SkySdkError -3)

I have mapped a couple of sections. Whenever I try to relaunch, I get this error. Restarting the drone and the app does not help. Resetting the mission does not help.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to DroneDeploy Support about this issue. I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues launching Skydio.
We are experiencing a bug with Skydio take off that should be resolved in the next app update - scheduled for this week. (4.66)

We apologize for any inconvenience.

1 Like

I have been getting same error. I have latest version of Skydio2 firmware installed. Sometimes if I go back and forth between Skydio and DD apps I will finally get a map plan upload. Attached is screenshot of error.

A separate error was occassionally seen. See separate reply.

1 Like

Additional error screenshot related to above. (New users only allowed one upload per message):

1 Like

Please update your app to 4.64.2. This issue should be resolved. If you’re still experiencing issues after updating, please email us at support@dronedeploy.com.

Thx. I thought I was up to date, but I was 4.64.1. I haven’t tried it yet.

Confirming that the update to 4.64.2 seems to have resolved my issue. Successfully flew map and photo missions yesterday. The DD app crashed during one of the missions, but that may have been my phone?

1 Like

Hi there. App crashes are often caused by memory issues on the device. Essentially, having many apps running in the background can take up memory and cause app crashes.
Luckily, if you experience an app crash during a DroneDeploy mission, the drone should continue on its’ mission and RTH when finished or in need of battery. This should give you time to re-open the app and continue the mission.

Close background apps and ensure you have space on the device to prevent app crashes.

1 Like