Plan a Map Off-Location?

Maybe I’m missing something, but when I go to plan a map using the DroneDeploy website, the map defaults to my current location and I’m given a starting flight path box. How do I plan a flight at a different location, say, two states away?

Zoom way out on the map, then simply click and drag the flight path box to move it to a new location. Then as you zoom in, you can refine the location of the flight path.

You can also hit the “Search” button at the top to search for a new location:

Perfect! Well, perfect would mean also being able to manually navigate to a location and drawing my own flightpath from scratch, but this does the job well. Thank you!

Are you sure about this? When I use Search it appears to only search names of flightplans I have already created.

I’m making maps for South America and it is really tedious to have to drag the flightplan widget halfway across the world.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion: There is a “Search” input above the main plan list (which I believe you are referring to) and a “Search” button in the top menu once you’ve already started planning a flight. The former searches your plan list, whereas the latter allows you to search for a new location for the plan you are currently editing.

I recorded a short GIF to demonstrate the search I am referring to:

1 Like

We use this DD app to upload a polygon to the flightplan. So you create the the KML or SHP shape in your favorite program. Then use this app. Works very nicely