P4RTK Files on Sd card

Hi, I’m new to this and flew my first map today. I was connected to the State CORS Network during flight. Everything went good I believe. When I was uploading my photo images into DroneDeploy I noticed 5 extra files on the Sd card I couldn’t open. Is there something I need to do with these files?
Thanks

1 Like

Those are just the logs for if you need to PPK. You would need logs from a base station to do the process which could be an onsite base or possibly the entity that manages the RTK network where you are post the logs online. If you are certain you had good RTK and your processing reports look good then there’s nothing to do but it’s a good idea to create a PPK folder and just set them aside in case you ever need to go back to them.

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. My RTK fix had 22 and 23 displayed during flight. I would guess those are the number of satellites? Ever heard of Emlid Studio? Looks like I can use those files there if I ever need to use the DRTK-2 base station. My map data repoted X .04FT Y .O4FT and Z .03FT. So I guess I was happy to see that.

Quick question, If I found myself working in an area with no cell service to use CORS, and all I have is my P4RTK and DRTK-2 base station, no benchmarks, I set up base station, let it cook for 15 mins connect to drone and fly fixed RTK mission, I would have good relative accuracy in my map? I using this for cut and fill differences and evelation of farm fields to locate low areas. Would this method work for my needs even tho it’s not absolute accurate with the 1 to 3 cm?

Yes, that scenario should still have better than 5cm relative accuracy and if you document that point you can return for map to map progress. It only gets sticky when you are asked to provide something that will drop right into some CAD or GIS software.

When you say document that point, that means I set up the drkt2 in the same exact spot and enter all the x,y,z values from my last fight from there?

Thank you

2 Likes

That’s correct. Any time I do an averaged or manual point I immediately take a picture of it with my phone and file it just in case… and always put some kind of a monument down. Same for GCP/Checkpoints. I just did some CAD work and a machine control model for a guy that flew his own drone and the site had zero control and he averaged in a point and shot GCP’s. I used all the drone data to build the CAD and control but when it came time to setup the GPS machines they didn’t have anything to localize to because he picked up all his GCP’s after the flight and hadn’t monumented them. Luckily there were some other obvious features on the ortho that I was able to pull coordinates from to create them a control file and this was a site relative job so absolute global positioning wasn’t all that necessary. Live and let learn.