Out of focus

Hi folks.
I have been trying to use the DD App with the Inspire-2 + X5S Camera and FOCUS remains a problem:
The settings in the App suggest that should set Focus and Aperture in DJI Go4 but this does not make sense as I need to set Focus while in flight and can only use one App at a time. Am I expected to start the mission, close the DD App and then open the DJI App while in flight?
The DJI GSP App allows me to switch between the Mission View and a limited version of DJI Go4 to change camera settings - which works perfectly, but is limited to 99 images…
Any help much appreciated.
Allan.

Hi everyone, interesting topic going here. I thought that I would just add my 5 cents worth if thats ok? The way that I do it is as follows:

1. Plan the flight on my desktop in the office for DD and on the “advanced” tab, I select to set the focus and exposure manually in the DJI GO App.
  2. Once on site, I start up the drone and the DJI GO App and set all of my parameters in GO App.
  3. Once I am ready to fly, i take off and go to the start point for the DD flight, go to the desired height for the flight, tilt the camera down 90° to look at the ground, and then manually set my focus and exposure in the GO App. Once this has been done and I am happy with the “look”, I then swipe up the app on my Ipad mini and then open up the DD app.
  4. Once the DD app is open, I find and open the relevant flight and ask DD to start the mission.

So far, I have had absolutely no issues with focus or exposure by doing it this way.

Hope this helps?

Wayne

My workflow with the only difference that I let DD control the exposure. Dji GO for focus.

I’ve done a few more tests with the same result. I tried again with another device (S5) that has not DJIGo installed. Focus was set to auto before flight but was changed to manual after flight according to DGo.

I noticed that I pretty often get an error message when checking camera before takeoff. After a retry it’s all fine. I’m not sure but maybe I get this error-message when the camera is set to AF in DGo (which it most often is).

I’m not really comfortable with changing app while airborne. Also it takes valuable flighttime.

Can someone confirm that DD always uses fixed focus? If it does, why on earth is it set on ground and not at the right altitude?

I’ll second exactly what you wrote there rufus. I too get the error message just about every time, I think mine happens with the camera set to both auto or manual focus!! I also agree about the camera needing to be focused on the ground is a bit silly.
Not sure if you have ever used or seen the “Litchi” app? In this app, there is the option to set all of your camera settings for your flight, without needing to firstly go into DJI Go 4 App. Why is it that Drone Deploy cannot give us this option? It would be great if we were able to set all of our parameters within the DD app, take off, fly to the start point where we can be at the correct altitude, manually set our exposure and focus, and then press the start button for the mission to begin? If only it was that easy hey!?

2 Likes

Likewise.Flying 2 P4Ps for 2 years almost every day without an issue.
Any experience with Matrice 200v2 using Z5s?
By the way getting good results for small stockpile volumes without GCPs,thanks.

1 Like