NTRIP with base, does height of base matter?

Reach RS+ Base connected to NTRIP (or not) does the height of base matter doing a survey?
on the rover I set it to my 2 meter pole. But does the base need to be at 2 meters also? someone questioned my set up as my base is much lower like around 5 feet.
Also how would you set base height in the app.
THANKS

1 Like

Yes, both antenna heights always matter unless you are going to do PPK. With PPK you can establish the coords of the point and the antenna height after the fact.

You set it in Reachview in Base Mode underneath the coordinates for the averaged or entered point.

1 Like

I only see were to set antenna height under manual settings? Im in average fix mode using NTRIP
Do you switch to manual set height and switch back to average fix?

1 Like

Yes you get the base position from the NTRIP, document the point and then manually enter it into the base. The elevation you are going to get from the NTRIP is to the receiver, but you have to enter the antenna height to get the ground value before you start collecting points.

1 Like

Thank you again for your wisdom! Also is there another devise I could hook up to the emlid RS via cable , like a tablet for GPS etc… that would allow me to do NAD 83 Nevada east in feet? That you may know of…

I just sent you a PM.