No Manual Flight option

New User here. I have app installed in a Samsung Tab S6 tablet and Tripltek tablet. Both of them do not give me a manual flight option. In fact when connected to a Phantom 4 Pro, I don’t see any of the flight information on the screen (alt, distance, speed, gps strength, battery info, etc.) I only see the map and planned route. Also when I try to add a mission from the app, the only option is “mapping”. nothing else. It’s the same on both tablets.
Still in trial version.

1 Like

What manual flying do you want to do?
It would be very rare that anyone would use that feature in a mapping app.

1 Like

At this time manual flight mode is only supported on the iOS version of DroneDeploy. Between manual flight, automated panoramas, automated videos, and vertical flight the iOS app has grown to do much more than mapping. Highly recommend checking it out! Cheers

Simple, you have just completed a mapping or other mission, before you land, you want to manually capture something else instead of having to fly back to that location.

Had this scenario the other day, saw something that I wanted to capture while in the air at the end of a mission. Instead had to return to home spot, land, shutdown one app, start another, takeoff, fly back out to where subject was, capture photo or video, then return home.

Currently, with the android version your option is to return home, land, shutdown DD app, launch Go4/Litchi or what ever app, and get back up in the air to capture what you want or need.

How about adding those same features to the android app, not to mention mission chaining!

1 Like

You could have shut down DroneDeploy, loaded DJI Go 4, taken your photos and then flown home.
Do a little test sometime.

1 Like

Yup, have tried that before, however would prefer to not have to play those DD games. With other apps like Litchi, I can switch from waypoint/map missions to fpv/manual, to panos, to orbits, etc all from within the app, even on android.

1 Like

So there’s a perfectly workable solution to do what you want, but you’d prefer not to use it?
You are hard to please.

No worries, not hard to please at all.

I have just become used to finding work arounds for bugs and lack of functionality in DDs flight app, as well as not having to use it :wink:

As to their back-end post flight software, that rocks, as to their flight app, well, their backend sw rocks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently the iOS version has all the bells and whistles. But I don’t use Apple so I guess I’m outta luck. I’ll just use DJI Pilot for my P4P…although DJI keeps telling me not to use it, even though the drone is listed in that app. They too want me to use the iOS version (GS Pro).

2 Likes

Yup, DD (or its developers) appears to have an affinity, dependency, or, thats what they know and are comfortable with towards being tied to ios. Thats too bad, other vendors seem to be able to support multiple platforms, even with feature function parity.

I’ve had many incidences were I’ve had to take over manual flight, either because of birds, incoming aircraft, emergency on the ground, etc. Not being able to immediately take over control of the drone is a huge safety concern, in my opinion.

1 Like

It’s tough for us as well because imagine trying to train a pilot to react to those specific situations. A piece of software should work as advertised and I shouldn’t have to worry about them having to adapt on the fly so much. Another reason why I still have to fly tricky sites and let my other Pilots handle the butter. The real solution even though it is still not a perfect scenario is to stay on iOS. This is what we have to deal with in the world of a DJI and Apple monopoly.

Not being able to immediately take over control of the drone is a huge safety concern, in my opinion.

You just don’t know enough about flying your drone.
There is a simple way to immediately take manual control of any automated flight method like DroneDeploy, RTH, etc.

All you have to do it flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back and you’ve cancelled the automated flight and have full manual control via the joysticks.

1 Like

I’ve been flying maps professionally since 2016. I know how to take manual control of my drone and do so in these types of circumstances. I don’t currently use Dronedeploy, but I was just making an observation to contribute to this discussion.

2 Likes

Same…been flying long enough to know how to fly.
Android users also apparently don’t get this screen showing vital flight information.

1 Like