No Camera View

I have the same exact problem with mi DJI mavic 2 pro the drone takes the pictures but the camera view window is totally black

1 Like

Almost 100 reports of this specific issue? @Kaitlin_Blando @Erika_Houseman

1 Like

Add me to the list. Haven’t used DD before with my M2P but thought I’d give it a try.
No camera view (black screen). Pictures are still captured.
The M2P is on the latest fw (sept 2019)
DD app is current.

It’s not the hardware or the SDK. I can switch to Litchi or Map Pilot and the live camera is good.

It’s clearly DD. How about it guys, let’s clean this up please.

1 Like

Tested again today. No changes in any software or hardware from yesterday but I get a live camera downlink today. Consistency would be preferable.

1 Like

We have experience the same issue on our end with the Mavic 2 Pro. Don’t have the same issue when switching to the Phantom 4 Pro V1 or V2. Reported it to DD in July. Inconsistent results unplugging and replugging the USB and tried different iOS devices and USB cables.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too, Mavic 2 Zoom, happened last week with an older M2 so today I took the newer one, updated firmware this afternoon, and got good images, but not in the ‘camera view’. The Inspires work fine…

1 Like

I have yet to see the a live view of the flight with my Mavic 2 Pro and iPhone and/or iPad. The camera feed is ALWAYS black when I’m in the DD app. This is the reply I received from DD:

"*Hope you are doing well. So sorry you are experiencing this. Our flight team is aware of this FPV feed issues (particularly with Mavics) and is in continued talks with DJI about this SDK issue. We are taking issue very seriously as we know it adversely effects a good portion of our user base. In reporting it, like you have done, this better allows us to keep track of how many users this is effecting which will help in our discussions with DJI in this respect. *

The workaround which we think will work in most cases is the following: Make sure DJI go/4 is entirely off. Continually try unplugging and replugging the cord. Our engineers are pretty sure it will eventually work.

Please do let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Always happy to help. "

Of course, none of this worked. It’s just like the IT person telling you to restart your computer when it is having issues.

1 Like

This has been reported on non-mapping forums with different software as well. The Pro in particular with the Hasselblad camera seems to be having the most problems, but since there are reports here with the Zoom then it does point back to a communications problem with the DJI hardware and the inability of the SDK to transfer the information. Nothing the 3rd parties can do at this point except what DD is already doing.

Map Pilot app.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. Have you been able to verify with their users that it is actually working? Maybe a customer could get some insight from tech support? :wink:

I wrote a review for the app on the App Store and mentioned how the camera view never worked with Mavic 2. I got a developer response stating that the issue is on DJI’s end and that they are working with DJI and hope to have the issue resolved within the next month. Hopefully it is!

2 Likes

Was this for the DroneDeploy app?

Yes it was. I got a “Developer response”.

2 Likes

We’re currently testing a new DJI SDK version that we hope to resolve the Mavic’s FPV issues. This should be included in the next release sometime over the next two weeks. Thanks!

2 Likes

Just discovered a trick to get camera view working with Mavic 2. The latest version of the DroneDeploy iOS app now has a pause button. When I pressed the pause button shortly after launching, the camera view appears and it also stays there after I resume the mission. Anyone else having this issue should give that a try. It’s not a permanent fix but it’s better than nothing at all.

3 Likes

I had the same issue with mavic mini in android. It solved when i update phone operating system( androud)

1 Like

What phone and what versions of Android? A little detail would be nice.

It’s Samsung s8 , android 9

2 Likes