NFZ flight with DJI permission

Hello , i am new and testing the software.
I tried yesterday to map our stadium which is inside NFZ .I have unlock the map through DJI app but the flight not starting …Any idea ?

Hi @np252003,

Please see our No Fly Zone guide for an explanation on the limitations of DroneDeploy’s software for unlocking NFZs. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
Stephanie

Hello i have unlocked the DJI NFZ with permission from the air base, though even though on the DJI app the NFZ is unlocked the Drone Deploy does not recognize it

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to this and and I need to take ariel pics of 23 city parks. It seems the whole town is a NFZ. Is there something you can do to help me with this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

A NFZ as defined by who?

Are you able to fly with the DJI app or not?

Hi Greg,
I am getting the NFZ (cant take off) . The whole town of Seaside seems to be a No Fly Zone. I’ve been asked to provide aerial shots of 23 city parks and I cant launch using the DJI app. Please advise, thx in advance

With Gratitude,
Shawn

1 Like

Seaside ??? What state or location?

1 Like

Seaside Ca, I’m trying to help a friend that’s a grad student. Is there a way to get past the NFZ? The town is next to Fort Ord which has been closed for 20 years.

With Gratitude,
Shawn

2 Likes

You won’t be able to fly in a 0ft AGL area and from looking at the map even when you get outside of that to the 200ft AGL cells to the north you are in a State Park which carries its own set of contacts and issues to navigate.

Thks Shawn for the info, good news bad news. Use the FAA Visualize It page ( ArcGIS Web Application ) and type in seaside ca to view the UASFM (UAS Facility Map) for that area. There are lots of “0” e.g. NFZ because of the local airport. The red area just north of the Monterey airport (MRY) is a DOD national security area (click on that sector, click on the arrows that appear and you will see contact info as well). There are also various parks, looks like state, county, fed as well as fed forest amount others. You will need to check regs for each of those which usually prohibit take off/landing from so you would need to fly from private/non park property. Ok, thats the bad news, the good news is if you are 107, then you can go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/ and request an 107.41 airspace authorization including for in “0” areas. Hint and tip, do your homework, look at the UASFM/Visualize It maps, sectionals, charts, know the area, etc. Also be realistic when making your request for where to fly, how high, when etc. If you get the 107.41 authorization, then you can request an ad hoc self unlock, or if not a one off flight, get a custom unlock that can included multiple DJI aircraft. You would still need to sort out where to fly from to stay off of restricted park property, or, go through the approval process for those different parks etc. This is about when most would just say its to complex, just do your homework, be flexible, keep safety in mind, you might be surprised what can get approved. Good luck.

1 Like

View the the UASFM via FAA Visualize it ( ArcGIS Web Application ) and there are a lot of “0” NFZ in the area of Seaside due to MRY airport.

1 Like

Thanks Greg. I’m quite familiar with how to research airspace! :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries, good to hear. :slight_smile:

1 Like