New dji phantom 4 pro v2

When DD wil be compatible with the new Phantom?

Thanks

We’re working on it. It may be a month or two based on what DJI is providing us.

I’m looking forward to this as well. I just upgraded yesterday and I’m getting back in to using DroneDeploy. I was bummed when I went to fly a mission today and discovered the P4P V2.0 is not supported yet by DroneDeploy.

I will admit this is confusing as well due to DJI labelling. It’s a P4P but Version 2, which doesn’t imply it’s a different model. We just bought a v2 from the DJI store and you have to go through the catalog to find the older model. I’m hoping the SDK gets out before I have to return the v2.

Is this still a month or two out?

I need to know in case I have to return this drone and get a supported model.

I sent an email off to the developers to find out more.

Gary, Can we escalate this?

I just got off the phone with DJI, The Phantom Pro 4 V1.0 has been discontinued for sale from DJI online since the release of V2.0. It’s only existing stock in stores until gone.

It’s find an old P4P or wait for the SDK…

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We do not have a timeline for when DJI will make SDK support available for us, but we do hope to support it as soon as that is available. Unfortunately, there is little we can do to move this process along as it is not up to us for when this will be released.

Cheers,
Christina

Yup. I received the email below. It’s about time.

Dear Developer,

We are excited to announce the release of the DJI Mobile SDK 4.6 and UX SDK 4.6. You can find them on our developer site at https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/downloads/.

This version of the SDK introduces support for the DJI Phantom 4 V2.0, Zenmuse XT2 thermal camera, Payload SDK, and missions for Spark (Follow Me, Hotpoint, and Waypoint). SDK 4.6 is revised for the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). The privacy policy is also updated according to the GDPR. Please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes.

The UX SDK 4.6 includes bug fixes and a color waveform widget for iOS. Please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes.

As always, the DJI Dev Team is committed to improving your developer experience. Please report any bugs or questions you have to dev@dji.com. We recommend frequently checking the DJI SDK downloads page to ensure that you are always working with the latest version of the DJI SDK.

Best regards,
The DJI Developer Technologies Team

Any updates on when Drone Deploy will support the P4PV2?

I know there are a lot of Pix4D Capture users that are going to switch to whoever supports it first!

Hi @patiam,

No news to share at this time. Keep your eyes peeled…

Cheers,
Christina

I see here in this other thread that the P4PV2 is now supported? Is that correct? It would have been nice for someone from DD to post the news here if so…

But in any event THANK YOU DD for your support!

Hi @patiam,

It is not widely announced yet, but we have begun rollouts for the latest update and that includes support for the P4P V2.

Cheers,
Christina