NDVI and moisture content

Water leaks for utility companies during drought conditions.
What information does the NDVI images produce Perhaps a 1m² with different degrees of moisture?

Hi @Maddy,

Our NDVI plant health maps do not include the degrees of moisture. It’s simply a visualization of the areas with healthy vegetation vs. unhealthy vegetation that would require ground-truthing. We invite you to visit our Plant Health guide to learn more about our Plant Health capabilities.

Let us know if you have any further questions after reviewing this support documentation. We’d be happy to help where we can. :slight_smile:

Best,
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,
thanks for getting back to me.
The articles are very helpful but don’t address which camera I have or the filters if any that I should acquire.
I have a standard Phantom 4 camera and An Inspire 2 with a Zenmuse X5S. I assume both record RBG so can produce VARI maps?, but if I wanted to add a filter for NDVI which would I use?
Thanks,
Maddy

Hi @Maddy

Glad to hear you’ve found our guides helpful! If you intend to use an NDVI filter, you will need to purchase a modified camera that captures some combination of NIR light. Most of our customers purchase a modified camera through Aerial Media Pros for this purpose. Their NDVI camera selection would work well with your Phantom drone. I hope this helps you.

Happy mapping!

Best,
Stephanie