- Allow the user to see coordinates in DMS (34º23’45.65”) as well as degrees/decimal (34.365º). Most photo programs display the EXIF data as DMS, not degree/decimal. This would make it much easier to correlate photos to point in the DD maps.
- Allow user to place location marker using entered coordinates, instead of placing the marker and then moving it around until the coordinates are right. This would speed up workflow tremendously.
- Allow user to change photo settings in the program. Then they would not need to change programs (to DJI or Litchi, say) to continue flying after the mapping is done, but when they want RAW images.
- Allow user to calibrate drone compass in the program.
- Allow user to set the start point on a mapping flight without resetting the flight direction, which is clumsy and often creates excess flight legs that have no images.
- Allow the user to start a new flight even though the previous flight was not completed. I would like to ignore the fact that a previous week’s monitoring flight was cut short for some reason, and fly a new complete flight this week. Sometimes, I truncate a flight because of changed conditions, weather, or whatever, but I still want to fly a complete mission the next week without having to complete last week’s truncated flight. The completion of a week-old flight is meaningless in periodic monitoring projects.
- Allow users to deselect all annotations by clicking on the box circled below. This would let us select a single (or a few) annotations for copying to other maps without having to deselect all the unwanted annotations one-at-a-time. Often, I just want to copy a single item to other maps, and I have to deselect 20 other annotations to do this. That’s a hassle.
- Enable terrain following on Android devices. (PLEASE!)
For my way out there wish list:
- Allow users to select areas by clicking on similar colors, etc., like one can do to create masks in Photoshop.