Mission segments not being completed

Hi James. Thanks for your input.

In answer to your numbered queries:-

1 - A bug was the only rational explanation and indeed what Michael suggested might be the case. Thank goodness this is what I found, in that the drone flew back to the last waypoint. Any other outcome would have been disastrous.

2 - Again this is what I presumed. The only thing that conflicts however is that only on two occasions have I ever experienced a ‘partial upload’ of waypoints, despite doing many many missions involving a high number of waypoints using 4 or 5 batteries. Doesn’t matter however so long as the app doesn’t loose count with what it’s fulfilled and what’s left to go.

3 - Makes perfect sense.

4 - The splash screen was just a bit of a shock as I wasn’t expecting it having re-entered the DD app. Focusing is a very sore topic for me. You may have read that I’ve been having problems focusing a Progress Report mission and am very disappointed to learn from Andrea that you don’t have any plans to fix. This is a big problem for me and does feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth having worked so hard to mould the way I work to accommodate the app’s characteristics. I haven’t tried the automatic focusing recently because firstly the workaround with the manual focus works perfectly for me right now and secondly, the fact that the Progress Reports are incapable of focusing a Mavic (and @Andrea more or less confirmed that to be the case in a pm to me), leads me to conclude that a normal mission won’t either. Please can I ask you to have a look at Progress Report - Images Out of Focus and perhaps throw some weight around to provide the manual toggles to the mission? It must surely be a very simple addition for you guys and albeit is just another workaround, will almost certainly fix the problem like you did with the toggles originally.

5 - Again, I would think the same as you, only I was faced with ‘processing’ each time I dived back into DD. I have always received an email from DD notifying me of the Live Map being updated a couple of minutes into the next battery/portion of the multi-battery mission, but on this occasion I was physically prevented from continuing when re-entering DD from Go4. Like I said, after say 4 minutes of landing the first battery and exiting DD to go back to Go4 it did correct itself. Just a bit of a pain having to wait, not knowing for definite it would correct itself.

Thank you again @Jamespipe and if you can do anything to influence the focusing fix for Progress Reports I would be extremely grateful. Given many will want to manually choose their exposure settings in any event, I’d almost consider it an oversight for DD not to include the two manual toggles in Progress Reports.

James.