Mission Planner: Obsolete Map

Hello Drone Fans,

I’m new to Drone Deploy. I don’t speak English very well, so please forgive me if this question has already been answered. I’ve tried to find the solution but I couldn’t.

So…I m new to drone deploy. I wanted to give it a try. After watching tutorial, ect, I decide to launch my first project.

I wanted to 3D map my city’s soccer stadium that was build 3 years ago. Unfortunatly, when I m planning it, I don’t see it in my planner (the thing that look like google maps). How should I do? After looking at it, it seems that the “drone deploy google earth” used to planning the maps is very old.

How can I adress that concern? Hope you guys understood me.

Thank you.

Hi @Lunettesman,

Welcome to our community! Hopefully I can provide some assistance, but I do need a bit more information.

1. Where are you located?
  2. What region are you trying to map?
  3. Are you able to plan the flight on desktop instead? I suggest taking a look at Planning Flights on DroneDeploy.com and Shapefile or Google Earth KML Flight Planning.

Please note that certain areas in the world don’t have the Google basemap available.

Keep me posted,
Christina

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

1. Biel Bienne, Berne, Switzerland.
  2. Tissot soccer Arena.
  3. Yes I am. However, as mentionned, the map doesn’t show the stadium.

Thank you for your help. I will try with google eart. I m trying DroneDeploy to see if I buy it monthly for my job.

Kind regards.

Hi @Lunettesman,

Unfortunately you won’t be able to map this area since it doesn’t appear on the map. There is currently no workaround for this. Are you able to map an area that is visible?

Keep me posted,
Christina