Max-export-resolution warning for flight planning

I was annoyed to plan/fly/upload/process a large area, only to discover that I am prohibited from exporting the full resolution owing to file size export limitations. This is pretty silly–if I had known this from the beginning I could have either reduced the image quantity (since the extras didn’t matter anyway in the end) or I could have divided it into two areas (if I absolutely needed the resolution). Why not put some note/warning to this effect on the planning page for the area/resolution settings?

2 Likes

Yes, this data gets huge and it’s like they are throttling us. Honestly though at full resolution GeoTiff are unusable unless you have a monster machine and most image programs can’t even load that many pixels. You can still split it in two by separating the images and doing manual uploads. I would put the next row in to make sure of good overlaps where the seam is. You can then make a master map in QGIS and export as high of a resolution as you heart desires. Note that full res like this is about 5x the size of a DroneDeploy export.

thanks, that is a good workaround

2 Likes