Mavic2 pro

I need software that works for my Mavic2 Pro for roof measuring and analysis. Where can I get this?

@Bellaflys2016 Have you tried looking into our roof report app? More information can be found here! https://www.dronedeploy.com/solutions/roofing/

umm! that what i need to know hope is there anyone who can explain little bit more.
with regards
miles smith
hakinator.ooo xender.vip kik.onl

There are actually two offerings in the app market. Roof Report and EZRoof. Both are paid for services that you can request after you have added the app to you account. It will show up near the bottom of the pane.

You can also measure roof using the distance and area annotation tools in DroneDeploy, but you will not get a dimensioned plan. Unfortunately if you are trying to produce a more professional looking report for clients, I have not come across a free option. I have Bluebeam Revu, which you can load the 2D plan into and after scaling can make better looking dimensioned reports than what they have. You can also do this in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Which ones will work with the Mavic pro2?

Mark Ford
Senior Property Manager

Frederick Realty

Everything I mentioned is agnostic of drone. They are derived from the model after DroneDeploy processing. The PDF editors work off of the 2D orthomosaic. Bluebeam and Adobe allow you to open the TIFF as downloaded from DroneDeploy.

I don’t mind paying. I just want to find one I can use with my drone. The Mavic Pro2.

I would recommend Bluebeam Revu. One of their main focuses is the AEC (architectural/engineering/construction) industry so in my opinion the markup and large format capabilities are second to none.

1. Export the GeoTiff Orthomosaic from DroneDeploy.
  2. Open it with Bluebeam and save as a PDF.
  3. Take a long diagonal measurement in DroneDeploy and then scale the PDF to that measurement
  4. Process (optimize) the plan to balance between quality and file size. I have been able to take 100mb+ full construction site images down to 10mb without too much loss of quality.

You now have a plan that you can measure in multiple ways including linear, radius and square footage. All of these measurement can be formatted in metric as well. You can also add text boxes and hyperlinks if you want to included other documents as a multi-page PDF to create clickable links from one page to another. All the annotations are fully customizable for size, color, backfill and etc… A one time cost and you can choose for annual maintenance (support and upgrades) if you like. I don’t think they are necessary if you are using it for general markups, but it does have a web-meeting type of collaboration module called Studio that will allow you to store plans in the cloud and then run sharing sessions on those plans/projects. More software than we have even been able to fully use in our company.

How does the software determine roof pitch to determine a more accurate measurement?

The slope comes from the 3D model generated from the photos. The DD photogrammetry program analyzes the photos to generate a 2D orthomosaic view looking straight down everywhere and a 3D model over the range of angles captured in the photos. The 3D model can be textured to look similar to what you see in the photos and viewed in 3D to give you the impression of flying over the site. But more importantly, the 3D model is accurately dimensioned enough to provide elevation data on all surfaces. So extracting the roof slope is straightforward. The absolute accuracy depends upon quality of the photos, the size of the roof, whether GCP are used and the settings of the photogrammetry program amoung other things. With reasonable care, it is possible to measure the 3D roof area to within less than 5% over a wide range of slopes.

@Bellaflys2016 Our roof report is generated by the actual map, not the drone. You essentially fly your drone and create your map, then generate a report of that map using our Roof Report app. I would suggest using our flying app “Precision House” in order to get a good map/model of whatever you are mapping!

1 Like