Mavic 2 Pro Compatibility

No other issues? Seems similar to what I do every time I switch between DJI Go4 and Litchi.

No other issues so far except that my GPS locations were broken into for grids not quite where they should have been. I’m not sure if that was the Drone or the app. I’m pretty sure it was just the Drone

Well I flew a mission. A couple of slight issues: The ‘test photo’ wouldn’t execute, and so I clicked ‘continue anyway’. Turns out the test photos had taken, the app just didn’t think they had.

And my photos seem very out-of-focus or blurred. This may be due to the subject not having much to autofocus on, or too slow a shutter speed (I suspect higher ISO may be better). Is it essential to select autofocus in DJI Go4 first for this to work? I generally use manual, set to infinity.

Currently processing :thinking: But I’m not too optimistic given the fairly featureless subject coupled with bad focus.

I had motion blur as well, but it was because I didnt remember to set the camera up properly. When I do it again I will set autofocus and the highest shutterspeed I can get with 200 or 400 iso

1 Like

Hi there, hope you’re well. Any update on the android compatibility for the Mavic 2 (Pro and Zoom)?
Thanks.

Hi, just wondering if there has been any updates on the Mavic 2 compatibility with Android and drone deploy?

It has been 5 months since the release of this drone. Any idea of when you will support Android?

The Mavic 2 has 8GB of internal storage. Despite this, DroneDeploy requires an SDCard to get past the initial flight check.

Would it be possible for Mavic 2 owners to not be required to do this - or to detect that there is storage available on the internal memory?

It would have helped today. I had to manually shoot :slight_smile:

The Mavic 2 is compatible with DJI Goggles (firmware version 01.04.0500 or above) appsync.biz/dafont/
and DJI Goggles RE (firmware version 01.00.0600 or above). 192168ll.onl/
Please first activate DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE and update their firmware to the latest one on your computer using DJI Assistant 2.
Power on DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE, choose Linking in Settings, then choose Mavic 2. Press the link button on the Mavic 2 and wait for a few seconds to connect DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE to the aircraft. DJI Goggles only support the 2.4 GHz signal frequency, while DJI Goggles RE support 2.4/5.8GHz dual signal frequency for more powerful performance.

Can’t be ussing whit DJI SPARK ¿why?

Probably because DJI crippled the GPS coordinates and it is not sufficient for mapping.

I have just setup a account on the 14 day trial.
I’m using a Mavic 2 Pro, running on a Android S9 Plus, running Android v9. The flight planning worked really well (nice and easy) but all 700 photos seemed rather out of focus at height 50m.
Is this a known issue? I believe there was a flash of a warning message about this but too quick to read. Also there is a large blank rectangle in the upper right of the display for the whole mission.
Thanks

The upper right square should have been the camera view as it flew. It stayed blank the whole time?

I experienced the same problem today. Mavic 2 Pro with all the latest updates on an ios device.

“Also there is a large blank rectangle in the upper right of the display for the whole mission.”
Once you force quit DJI Go and connect to Drone Deploy, try unplugging the controller from your device and plugging it back in. That might solve the problem with the camera showing on your screen. I’ve had the same issue with Pix4D Capture and this solves it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for you hint, it solved the problem for me :ok_hand:

This is probably old news, but, the Mavic 2 Pro worked flawlessly on three recent mapping runs. The M2 has several advantages, but one major disadvantage - resistance to winds. The P4P is rated functional at higher wind velocities, I believe.

1 Like

Hi - glad it worked. Did you have problems getting the controller to sync? On the checklist, I get all the way to the camera, and then it stops, saying there is a problem with the controller and that I need to enable “Multiple flight modes”. There is no such setting in the Mavic 2 Pro, so I enabled the closest thing I could find, which is “Intelligent flight mode”. Under this, I keep the setting at P (we are to avoid Sport mode it says). I also disable beginner mode. But the same error comes up and it will not connect. Thanks for any help you can give.

1 Like

I figured it out - turns out that there was an actual switch on the side of the controller that was on S mode. I switched to P mode and it appears to have fixed the issue. I’ll fly a track this weekend and report.

2 Likes

Hello @janirad
I’m glad you are working through the hurtles.

I would advise you to spend a fair amount of time learning the drone from front to back before moving on to more advanced operation. The M2P is a very sophisticated piece of kit. It is incredibly easy to operate but don’t be lulled into thinking that something can’t go wrong. In almost all cases, when that something happens, it is user error. Some circumstance occurs which is beyond the knowledge of the user and in an instant, the drone is lost or destroyed. We see it regularly.

The things you mentioned, “intelligent flight mode” and the mode switch on the controller are at the most basic level, and yet you were trying to initiate autonomous flight without even this most basic understanding.

Please take this in the spirit of friendly advise. I wish you the best of luck. But do yourself a favor and learn a bit more about the craft and the software so that you don’t end up on the list of those that think their craft “flew away” or crashes before your eyes.

Best,
Dave

[NOTE] i changed the Category of this thread to release it from the grip of the General Discussion Bug.

1 Like