Mavic 2 Pro Compatibility

@Erika_Houseman Thank you! Excited to use it! Fyi, the official names of the drones are Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom, respectively. Should probably be corrected on that supported drones page.

2 Likes

I still can’t get it to work. Continuously says “waiting for drone” and won’t connect as it did before.

1 Like

@Erika_Houseman — I still can’t get my Mavic 2 to work with the app. After creating a course, it just saves and then says “Connect to Drone” and won’t ever connect or show the icon to begin the flight. I’ve updated all firmware and tried every combination of bringing up the app with no luck. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I have the same problem. “Connect to Drone” and after that: “USB Connected - Waiting for Drone”.

1 Like

I reinstalled the app after hours of trying every suggestion out there and that looks like it might have solved it. Snowing out so can’t test it now.

1 Like

Esta solo compatible para IOS o también para ANDROID?

2 Likes

I would check out the compatibility on the Drone Deploy website as it changes quite often.

1 Like

I have been planning my first flight with the DD app with my Mavic 2 Pro and for the life of me I can’t find where you tell the app what drone you’re flying. Can someone tell me where that setting is? I imagine it’s there somewhere or the app wouldn’t be able to tell you your pixel size on the ground. Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer but I have found that they are really lacking in documentation. Pretty much trial and error with me trying to figure it all out.

1 Like

For wAndroid? Date… Please we want to use in android

2 Likes

There is no model selection. It assumes a Phantom 4 Pro so you will need to adjust your elevation and overlaps according to the the camera specification difference. 75/65 for the P4P would be close to 80/70 on the Mavic at the same altitude due to the Field Of View.

Good to know. Thanks.

1 Like

Mavic2 Pro is listed in IOS only.

Correct, the app update and compatibility have not hit Android yet. It is in process.

any ETA on the android update ?

@Teo_Morabito Thanks for reaching out! So our compatibility is dependent on the DJI SDK. The moment Android compatibility is achieved, we can integrate our platform. No hard timeline on this but soon hopefully!

1 Like

Any update on the android compatibility? Any reviews from IOS users?

please update if there would be available any updates. deeply appreciate as it is hard for me to focus since i’m some supps https://suppsforlife.to/category/hgh-sale/. please help. but yes, indeed, i also hope this would be soon.

Guys it works on android, its just tricky. You have to run dji go, make sure autofocus is enabled, turn the controller off while dji is still running but make sure it isn’t the default app set for rc connection, then turn the rc back on. When your phone pops up asking u which app to use, pick dronedeploy, but there will also be a popup to let dji go use the usb connection. You should get a drone connected message in dd, and be able to load your plan. It will give a camera error. Just continue anyway. I just flew 133 acres with rth for batteries and it works perfectly.

1 Like

Hi @Smuctingly,

The Mavic 2 Pro is not yet officially supported by the Android version of the DroneDeploy app. Please keep your eyes peeled in our list of Supported Drones for status updates.

Happy mapping!
Andrea