Map size result

Does DD crop the resulting map to the polygon size? I haven’t used the app yet nor can I try right now but I need to confirm that.

Thanks

Yes, if you fly with the DroneDeploy app then the output will conform to the polygon you defined. You can redefine it when uploading the photos if you like. Sometimes I pull the edges out a little so I can make sure I have coverage and then I can pull them back in if I want. Normally you can’t pull it out afterwards. This is not 100% the case though.

Also, if you fly in another app you can manually upload to DroneDeploy, but it will draw a rectangle to NSEW extents of the photos and you will have to define the polygon yourself. I typically fly a Yuneec H520 and have to do this every time. I have requested a feature that will shrinkwrap the points, but they have more important things to worry about right now. Same goes when I fly the P4P in another app like Litchi.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you very much!

1 Like

DroneDeploy banners just started up on some other forums I am on. This one is on the Yuneec forum! Are they tracking me? :face_with_monocle: One can hope… @Jamespipe :grin: Even though we can’t fly I do what I can to encourage the rest of the solution.

1 Like

Firefox states that it is blocking “cross site tracking cookies” when I check. So, yes, yes they are!

1 Like

Interesting, but I use DroneDeploy in Chrome Incognito. I do use standard Chrome when on other sites so it seems that Incognito is not as it claims.

1 Like

Not sure. But I don’t see DD ads in the other forums. Usually it’s DJI’s mavic mini ad I see when I don’t have ads blocked. Obviously, Chrome is owned by an advertising company and FF is owned by a supposed privacy advocate. So who knows.